Killzone 2 Graphics Updated

BadCompany89

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, wait until you see the system requirements though. Just for the lowest setting you need an amazingly good computer. :poke:

Not really. Unless you're one of those nutters that needs 16xAA on everything.

An as-of-today $600 computer will run it quite well even at the highest settings (though you'd probably be limited to 720p resolution)

• Members

Not really. Unless you're one of those nutters that needs 16xAA on everything.

An as-of-today $600 computer will run it quite well even at the highest settings (though you'd probably be limited to 720p resolution)

Really? :confused: My mate runs this game on his custom built computer (with amazingly good graphics cards and a huge amount of ram) and he said he can't run it on the highest settings. :idk:

• Members

Really?
:confused:
My mate runs this game on his custom built computer (with amazingly good graphics cards and a huge amount of ram) and he said he can't run it on the highest settings.
:idk:

Well, people who spend $4000 on gaming rigs will tell you that 30fps "isn't enough"... I've got a pretty modest PC (2.1ghz C2D overclocked to 2.56, stock geforce 8800GT, 2gigs of ram) and I have no problem playing it on "very high" or whooping ass in multiplayer.

• Members

Well, people who spend $4000 on gaming rigs will tell you that 30fps "isn't enough"... I've got a pretty modest PC (2.1ghz C2D overclocked to 2.56, stock geforce 8800GT, 2gigs of ram) and I have no problem playing it on "very high" or whooping ass in multiplayer.

Sweet. :love:

• Members

Really?
:confused:
My mate runs this game on his custom built computer (with amazingly good graphics cards and a huge amount of ram) and he said he can't run it on the highest settings.
:idk:

It can't be that good. Even an 8800GT will run it on high (as someone else mentioned). Those are pretty damn cheap now.

• Members

Thats funny...just the other day I was thinking about how fun Descent used to be, so I looked up some screenshots. God DAMN I can't believe I used to think those graphics were good. It looks like the entire world is made of giant lego blocks.

fo sho

• Members

I know, I'm considering building a new PC just to run it on Ultra High.
:love:

It would probably be worth it if you could find a secluded beach where you didn't have to kill baddies and you could just stare at the scenery. :lol::poke:

• Members

Thats funny...just the other day I was thinking about how fun Descent used to be, so I looked up some screenshots. God DAMN I can't believe I used to think those graphics were good. It looks like the entire world is made of giant lego blocks.

I've even thought that with a game as young as Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec. I picked up the box the other day and was like:eekphil: :facepalm: people used to think that was as life-like as it got. I can't even imagine the ways we'll be experiencing video games and virtual reality in 50 or even 20 years. Although I don't own a Wii, it really has revolutionized how people think about video games.

• Members

I've even thought that with a game as young as Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec. I picked up the box the other day and was like:eekphil:
:facepalm:
people used to think that was as life-like as it got. I can't even imagine the ways we'll be experiencing video games and virtual reality in 50 or even 20 years. Although I don't own a Wii, it really has revolutionized how people think about video games.

That's the same with me.

This (at the time) was realistic to my eyes. :freak:

F1WGP3--article_image.jpg

• Members

It's just a console. Arguing about which one is faster is stupid when PC's have them beat.

Here is a game I've been playing a lot lately:

th_DarkValley.jpg

th_Garbage3.jpg

th_Garbage4.jpg

And this is with a hell of a lot of options turned way down because I've got a cheap computer, plus they're poorly jpeg compressed. :facepalm:

Just buy the system with the best games. No sense in arguing about e-penises about whose console has the best processor and most RAM and so forth. Computers do it better, what's the point? It's like winning the special olympics. Not to say PC's are the best at everything, but as far as computing power, it's no contest. I would have probably bought an xbox 360, but it will break in two years. I'll probably get a PS3 when tehy're cheaper just to play MGS4. I have a feeling that game is worth buying a console for.

• Members

What game is that? ^

STALKER Clear Sky. Very unique game. Very, very difficult, but rewarding and addictive.

Couple more screen shots:

th_ss_kyle_11-11-08_09-35-36_red_fores.j

th_ss_kyle_11-05-08_09-02-23_garbage.jpg

This game has oodles of atmosphere... :thu:

It's set in the Chernobyl dead zone.

Stalker_Clear_Sky_Pics_39.jpg

heres a shot on a much more powerful PC than mine:

http://www.clan-eat.co.uk/pics/stalker_clear_sky/stalker_clear_sky_20080131_3.jpg

• Members

STALKER Clear Sky. Very unique game. Very, very difficult, but rewarding and addictive.

Couple more screen shots:

th_ss_kyle_11-11-08_09-35-36_red_fores.j

th_ss_kyle_11-05-08_09-02-23_garbage.jpg

This game has oodles of atmosphere...
:thu:

It's set in the Chernobyl dead zone.

Stalker_Clear_Sky_Pics_39.jpg

heres a shot on a much more powerful PC than mine:

http://www.clan-eat.co.uk/pics/stalker_clear_sky/stalker_clear_sky_20080131_3.jpg

Downloading as we type :o

• Members

Truth, and I don't even have a gaming PC right now. It seems like since HALO PC FPS games have been slowed down progress with the huge focus on simple, feature stripped, FPS shooters on consoles. You still can't play on big strong dedicated servers on consoles, or even choose maps, game options, have server mods, ect. Consoles have always excelled at games built around console controls and single player until HALO came along. A good example would be the MGS series. Now most console games are mostly just inferior PC FPS clones, instead of a different type of gaming than PC games typically offer.

Just buy the system with the best games. No sense in arguing about e-penises about whose console has the best processor and most RAM and so forth. Computers do it better, what's the point? It's like winning the special olympics. Not to say PC's are the best at everything, but as far as computing power, it's no contest. I would have probably bought an xbox 360, but it will break in two years. I'll probably get a PS3 when tehy're cheaper just to play MGS4. I have a feeling that game is worth buying a console for.

From somebody that had a PS3 and has played all of the MGS titles, which I consider to be one of the best gaming series ever; it doesn't live up to it's expectations. It's really really really easy, the story is even more forced to tie in to the other games than MGS2, and it's the shortest game of the series if you don't count the cutseens. The gameplay is great, but alot of the sneaking is thrown out the window. After the first 2 of 5 acts, it is all alternative gameplay modes, such as tracking people, on rail chase sense shootouts, ect. They also try to cram in every character they could from previous games, regardless of how ridiculous, convulted, or forced their presence might be in the game.

• Members

Downloading as we type
:o

Make absolutely sure you install the latest patch before you start. The newer game saves are not compatible and it's worth it to avoid the bugs.

My only problem with PC Games is early adopters are treated like beta testers.

• Members

I'll probably get a PS3 when tehy're cheaper just to play MGS4. I have a feeling that game is worth buying a console for.

It is. I was completely floored. The most entertaining and epic game in years IMO, and the production values are higher than anything I've ever seen. Even if Crysis has better graphics, it certainly doesn't have cutscenes this amazing.

And KZ2....day 1 buy.

• Members

From somebody that had a PS3 and has played all of the MGS titles, which I consider to be one of the best gaming series ever; it doesn't live up to it's expectations. It's really really really easy, the story is even more forced to tie in to the other games than MGS2, and it's the shortest game of the series if you don't count the cutseens. The gameplay is great, but alot of the sneaking is thrown out the window. After the first 2 of 5 acts, it is all alternative gameplay modes, such as tracking people, on rail chase sense shootouts, ect. They also try to cram in every character they could from previous games, regardless of how ridiculous, convulted, or forced their presence might be in the game.

After MGS3 (which was damn hard) it might seem easy. But luckily there's hard/extreme modes. It took me 25 hours to finish, so the lenght was fine at least to me.

I'll never forget Act 4-5. It's that good.

Archived