NGD!!!

RyGy

• Members

So even though I got laid off on tuesday I decided to pick up a new guitar. I was saving up for a Diezel, so I had the money. I got me an LTD FX260SM check it out http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_fx.html The guy put in some EMGs, and I am going to put some planet waves locking tuners on there today. I will post some pics. There are a few dings on the back, but the front looks good, and the neck is straight. $380 Canadian...That is about $305 USD!!!

• Members

So even though I got laid off on tuesday I decided to pick up a new guitar. I was saving up for a Diezel, so I had the money. I got me an LTD FX260SM check it out
The guy put in some EMGs, and I am going to put some planet waves locking tuners on there today. I will post some pics. There are a few dings on the back, but the front looks good, and the neck is straight. $380 Canadian...That is about $305 USD!!!

That is absolutely {censored}ing nuts unless you work in some specialized industry with extraordinary skillz or a walk-up/minimum wage job.

Those LTD FXs are sweet tho', congrats!

• Members

I did get 5 months of severance, and I have sold $1500 worth of gear to get a Diezel, and I have put that on hold for now. I am also selling my monitors which I used in my home office. I am keeping my main monitors. I also already have four jobs that I am looking at, one of them is from a head hunter for one of my old works employers. I am expecting to start work again mid-late Jan.

• Members
Happy NGD!

bouncingdryell4.gif

That deserves to be quoted in every reply :thu:

Everything looks good so far. I am going to let the guitar sit overnight with the new strings before adjusting the truss rod. The old strings looked like they were over a year old. They were nasty, and probably 9s tuned down a full step :facepalm: They felt like rubber bands. The truss rod will need a good size adjustment so i want to let it sit and settle a bit first.

I am going to go through the wiring, but the question is do I leave in a tone control that I almost never use, or put in an EMG afterburner that I have sitting around for a boost?? I have also put the 85 in the bridge, and the 81 in the neck. It sounds huge so far!!! I can't wait to do a proper setup on it tomorrow.

• Members

I just took a pic of my three electrics. I need a new nut for my new guitar. I want to put an earvanna on it, and on my V. I have to wait until I head down to the states for new years. I can't find a shop locally that sells them. Other then that it plays pretty nice, and those planet waves tuners are the best that I have ever used!!!

Archived