If paypal is holding your funds... do this

JoshuaLogan

• Members

If paypal is holding your funds from an ebay transaction, make sure you put in the tracking number on the hold page, and as soon as the thing you sold is delivered and/or the person you sold it to leaves you positive feedback, you can have the hold removed instantly if you call paypal up and tell them. They'll check it out to confirm what you said, and you won't have to wait around for the money anymore.

I just did this, and thought it might be useful info for some of you. It's really a pain in the ass having to wait for the money with this new policy, so being able to speed it up in any way possible is a good thing.

• Members

The far easier thing to do is have them do a paypal transfer outside of ebay.

Yeah, I'm actually having the guy who just bought my Ibanez rg1527 on ebay do this to avoid getting a hold in the first place, but you know not everyone on ebay is willing to do that since it's not as safe for them.

• Members

Yeah, I'm actually having the guy who just bought my Ibanez rg1527 on ebay do this to avoid getting a hold in the first place, but you know not everyone on ebay is willing to do that since it's not as safe for them.

it doesn't work because paypal and ebay are the same company so they will know if ebay related and still hold the funds

• Members

it doesn't work because paypal and ebay are the same company so they will know if ebay related and still hold the funds

It should work as long as the guy doesn't mark it as having anything to do with ebay when he sends me the payment.... if he just sends a generic instant payment for "goods" or whatever, I don't think there will be a hold put on it, but we'll see...

• Members
It should work as long as the guy doesn't mark it as having anything to do with ebay when he sends me the payment.... if he just sends a generic instant payment for "goods" or whatever, I don't think there will be a hold put on it, but we'll see...

it won't work. Paypal will see his email address and cross reference with his eBay account. I tried it before :lol:

Archived