My latest DIY amp

Duesentrieb

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Thanks for listening guys, I really appreciate that.
:)

@ Clay (hope you're well!): yup, the preamp tubes are DC heated.

@ whiteop: he circuit is a little bit of everything, not really based on a brand

@ zozobra & vicious: well, every now and then I'm selling one. I prefer to sell them locally though, those clips (esp. on YT) always sound different to the real sound, thats why one never knows if a seller would really like it or not. I was thinking about kits (together with Peter), but honestly with a reglar job, a family and so on its smply too much now. Maybe when I'm retired
;)

Thanks again for the kind words.

Olaf

Then you need to retire now and focus all of your efforts on producing your amps on a larger scale. Theres no reason not to my man. You have a real winner there. I really liked these clips and we all know what youtube does to clips. This was mic'd right? I'm pretty sure I saw a mic sitting in front of the combo. The features, the aesthetics, the tone, it's all HIT. Wonderful, wonderful job. I'd certainly like to own one.

• Members

Thanks a lot guys for the way too kind words.

I'm sorry, but you cannot order them - sometimes Peter gives me some parts he doesn't use anymore (like the combo chassis of an old Proto and an empty metal chassis of a current Einstein) and then I'm trying to build something nice from it - this is one of the results.

Thanks again, I appreciate it.

• Members
Hey Olaf... would you be interested in a trade for one of your amps? I've got a Blackstar Artisan 100 (handwired plexi with selectable voicing) that is a little overkill for me.... been looking for something with a similar sound and an FX loop....

Hi pal,

I'll shoot you a PM when I have the next one finished (a head) - this combo needs to stay here,I need it for several reasons, sorry.

But I can mod your amp and install a loop of course . . .

Is it this little nice sweety? Its nice (and easy to mod) . . .
blackstar_artisan15_ouvert.jpg

• Members
Hi pal,

I'll shoot you a PM when I have the next one finished (a head) - this combo needs to stay here,I need it for several reasons, sorry.

But I can mod your amp and install a loop of course . . .

Is it this little nice sweety? Its nice (and easy to mod) . . .

blackstar_artisan15_ouvert.jpg

I think that is a smaller one, here is the 100:

artisan100%20tagboard.jpg

Yeah, gimme a PM when you're building another - sure we can work something out!

• 2 months later...

Archived