anyone have a Gibson SG with crescent moon inlays?

greg apocalypse

• Members

One popped up at my local shop for a bit under $600. Anyone know what these are going for used, anyone have any pictures? I want to confirm its legitimacy, not that I don't believe it's true. It is a really cool guitar.

This was the first run of the faded SG series, they also made a V with moon inlays. These are built better than the newer faded SGs. Most have an ebony board as opposed to whatever they use now. There was also more attention to detail in the fretwork. They went for $600 brand new about 6-7 years ago. See if you can talk em down... if not, it's a decent deal.

• Members

This was the first run of the faded SG series, they also made a V with moon inlays. These are built better than the newer faded SGs. Most have an ebony board as opposed to whatever they use now. There was also more attention to detail in the fretwork. They went for $600 brand new about 6-7 years ago. See if you can talk em down... if not, it's a decent deal.

I'm pretty sure that they still have ebony boards. At least on the Vs they do...

• Members

I believe he is referring to the Gothic SG with the crescent&moon inlay on the 12th fret. I have one.. They are good guitars. I have no complaints..

Terrible phone pic.. It shows nothing abou tthe guitar.. haha

l_3919841fdb2841878461644387e727a1.jpg

Well, he did say inlays, not inlay. The Faded series had crescent moon inlays instead of dots.

• Members

But wasn't the Gothic series by epiphone? Or am I forgetting something?

Nope. Its a Gibson.. Gibson made the Gothic V, SG, Les Paul and Explorer back in 2001-02 I think.. Standard Gibson specs with all black hardware, Ebony boards with that inlay on the 12th fret. And of course all black paint job.. It was kinda of a satin finish. BUt the more you use it, the more shine it gets..

• Members

Nope. Its a Gibson.. Gibson made the Gothic V, SG, Les Paul and Explorer back in 2001-02 I think.. Standard Gibson specs with all black hardware, Ebony boards with that inlay on the 12th fret. And of course all black paint job.. It was kinda of a satin finish. BUt the more you use it, the more shine it gets..

Ah, I see.

• Members

The Faded's don't.

Newer ones anyway, not sure about the Crescent inlay ones.

The original Fadeds did. They did switch them at some point and the quality seemed to have changed at that point too. The first line of fadeds were much like the Gothics except for the paint.

• 11 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived