Marshall is official the worst amp maker in the world...

diehard82

• Members

At least currently... Check out this overpriced {censored}.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-1923-85th-Anniversary-50W-Tube-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=501124

A DSL50 head, with Union Jack flag and custom color. All for six hundred more than what a DSL50 went for. I'll wait until this hits the clearance rack, thank you very much.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At least currently... Check out this overpriced {censored}.

A DSL50 head, with Union Jack flag and custom color. All for six hundred more than what a DSL50 went for. I'll wait until this hits the clearance rack, thank you very much.

Welcome to 6 months ago, no Marshall are not the worst amp maker but sometimes there pricing for "limited additions" is way out of the park.

I like there amps so I buy 2nd hand but if you want to buy new pay the extra or even get a JVM

• Members

I'd be embarrassed if I were Jim right now. I hope Marshall (as a company) burns and dies after Jim passes on (which will be sad), but whoever is running the company is ruining it.

That's not nice or clever I have met Mr Marshall and he is a nice guy.

His daughter runs the company and hey there a corporation there to make money if you don't want to buy than don't look on ebay and stop moaning.

There cheaper here anyway.

• Members

Marshall is official the maker of the nicest amps in the 80's, the 800's are among the nicest amps made to this day.

About the prices, we're in a recession, the materials are getting more and more expensive. Almost every brand has a price increase this year.

• Members

That's not nice or clever I have met Mr Marshall and he is a nice guy.

His daughter runs the company and hey there a corporation there to make money if you don't want to buy than don't look on ebay and stop moaning.

There cheaper here anyway.

Wasn't being mean to Jim (I've seen many a video interviews with him, great guy indeed)... as for his daughter, absolutely not a good person. Marshall amps have jumped nearly 35% in price over the last five years (which has been adapted by numerous amp makers now. i.e. peavey, fender, mesa).

Sorry to anger a Brit over his pride and joy.

• Members

I'd buy the 2x12 if I needed another tube combo. I've been saying forever they should make the DSL in a 2x12 combo format with the same layout as the heads.

If you think Marshall pricing is excessive then don't buy it :idk:. Is anyone really sticking a gun to your head and telling you to buy it? I think you're just jealous of the fact that you can't afford it. Others can. Why are you wishing the downfall of a company that still makes sweet amps? Are you really that big of an asshole? Tell you what, buy some Marshall stocks and go to the next stock holders meeting and voice your discontent.

Fixed.
:eek:

User error :o

Doesn't sound harsh to me :idk:

tMwZaBXPe1U

• Members

Wasn't being mean to Jim (I've seen many a video interviews with him, great guy indeed)... as for his daughter, absolutely not a good person. Marshall amps have jumped nearly 35% in price over the last five years (which has been adapted by numerous amp makers now. i.e. peavey, fender, mesa).

Sorry to anger a Brit over his pride and joy.

Nothing to with it being British I couldn't care less I will be leaving the UK anyway.

No its just basic economics with exports and also Limited editions are expensive so buy it or dont

• Members

Or hey here's a thought. If you don't like something or don't like the price don't buy it. I don't understand the need to bitch about it.

ZOMG Bazooka Joe gum raised its prices. Now it's 75 cents a pack and therefore the worst gum maker in the business.

Archived