OT: Saw Meshuggah last night...

killswitch_19

• Members

Absolutely unreal show in Vancouver last night. Cynic was terrible and The Faceless never made it over the border, but none of that mattered as soon as Meshuggah hit the stage. I can't believe how huge they sound live, and their tone was devastating and unbelievably clear even in their lowest tunings.

If these guys come to your town go see them. One of the best metal shows I've been to hands down.

• Members

I saw them a few years ago in Vancouver, as well as the {censored}up show at the Croatian last year with Ministry (they only played 4 songs that night)......they are amazing, I wish I went last night.

I listened to Cynic's new CD and thought, wow, that was {censored}in {censored}ty.

• Members

I saw them a few years ago in Vancouver, as well as the {censored}up show at the Croatian last year with Ministry (they only played 4 songs that night)......they are amazing, I wish I went last night.

I listened to Cynic's new CD and thought, wow, that was {censored}in {censored}ty.

{censored} I missed last their show the other night due to prior commitments, but I saw their show at the commodore with ministry (not the CCC one, you guys got boned on that) and they were {censored}ing awesome

• Members
{censored} I missed last their show the other night due to prior commitments, but I saw their show at the commodore with ministry (not the CCC one, you guys got boned on that) and they were {censored}ing awesome

2 minutes ago, I just bought my Exodus/Kreator ticket, cant wait for that.

After all these years I am finally seeing Exodus.....:facepalm::cry:

Cant wait :rawk:

• Members

I saw them open for ministry in san diego and they were one of he most boring bands I have ever seen *cough* rant on *cough*
zero stage presence .....maybe 1/33 riffs was actually memorable....ministry came on and wiped the floor ...even hemlock were better than meshuggah
sure they can play but holy {censored} the one trick pony can only last so long before it gets boring as {censored}
frederik only knows two types of solos.....random tapping or just long sustained notes....thats it

and to the OP ...when does a full line up make it across the canadian border :(

• Members
I saw them open for ministry in san diego and they were one of he most boring bands I have ever seen *cough* rant on *cough*

zero stage presence .....maybe 1/33 riffs was actually memorable....ministry came on and wiped the floor ...even hemlock were better than meshuggah

sure they can play but holy {censored} the one trick pony can only last so long before it gets boring as {censored}

frederik only knows two types of solos.....random tapping or just long sustained notes....thats it

and to the OP ...when does a full line up make it across the canadian border
:(

I saw them in Austin last year on the Ministry tour. They weren't bad, but sounded heavy as {censored} in real life. As for Hemlock, they cancelled for some unknown reason and the whole entire show started late because of it.

• Members

Meshuggah is not supposed to entertain you like some other band would, a group like that is supposed to be taken in and experienced. You go there to feel, not see and hear. I would love to see them someday, their music puts me in a trance.

• Members
Meshuggah is not supposed to entertain you like some other band would, a group like that is supposed to be taken in and experienced. You go there to feel, not see and hear. I would love to see them someday, their music puts me in a trance.

+1

Cynics music is like this too. When I saw all these guys in SF all my buddies liked The Faceless and Meshuggah but thought Cynic was so boring. I asked if they came to see a show or to connect with the music? :facepalm: The level of musicianship Cynic has is ridiculous. Theres a reason they're on with Meshuggah. You can bet all those guys are stoked to play with each other. The Faceless had to be my favorite though. Their drummer cracks me up just sitting there all lay back like hes thinking about doing something else.

• Members
2 minutes ago, I just bought my Exodus/Kreator ticket, cant wait for that.

After all these years I am finally seeing Exodus.....
:facepalm::cry:

Cant wait
:rawk:

That shou ld be a cool show. But after seeing exodus 4 times, the last 3 with rob dukes, I am expecting Kreator to pwn them. The new Kreator is ridiculous.

• Members

Im gonna go ahead and be real judgmental based on the OP's user name, gear, and preference for Meshuggah and say that he probably just dosent like Cynics music.

I enjoy man different types of music and bands, much more than my "gear and name" would suggest, however Cynic was downright a bore to watch. Great musicians, but their show didn't work for me at all. I've never heard one of their records.

• Members

...frederik only knows two types of solos.....random tapping or just long sustained notes....thats it(

Perhaps live that is your perception - but as for his capability, ask Steve Vai - Thordendal's "Special Defects" solo LP is beyond amazing with leads that DEVASTATE! Its called "Sol Niger Within" (black sun within)...

Meshuggah doesn't really write songs that lend to leads NOW as much as they used to (Destroy, Erase, Improve & NONE ep).

• Members

I enjoy man different types of music and bands, much more than my "gear and name" would suggest, however Cynic was downright a bore to watch. Great musicians, but their show didn't work for me at all. I've never heard one of their records.

Cynic boring? Have never heard their albums? Cynic Focus is recognized as one of the greatest death Metal albums of all time. The Faceless new album is amazing, have seen them and opened for them several times. I like Meshuggah, but am going for the Faceless and Cynic. Have waited many years to see Cynic.

• Members
+1

Cynics music is like this too. When I saw all these guys in SF all my buddies liked The Faceless and Meshuggah but thought Cynic was so boring. I asked if they came to see a show or to connect with the music?
:facepalm:
The level of musicianship Cynic has is ridiculous. Theres a reason they're on with Meshuggah. You can bet all those guys are stoked to play with each other. The Faceless had to be my favorite though. Their drummer cracks me up just sitting there all lay back like hes thinking about doing something else.

hah i thought i was the only one that noticed that about the faceless' drummer :lol:

+1 on this whole post

• Members

I saw Meshuggah last week when they began their tour in LA and I agree, their tone was incredibly clear for such a low tuned band. They absolutely owned the stage with great stage presence and the crowd loved them.

I didn't hear the faceless (they canceled that night) but I caught part of Cynic's show and thought it was :bor:

• Members

So do you see how different that is from "Cynic was terrible"? The fact that you dont dig their music or dont have the patience to watch them is no reflection on them as a band.

• Members

So do you see how different that is from "Cynic was terrible"? The fact that you dont dig their music or dont have the patience to watch them is no reflection on them as a band.

No. I thought they were terrible LIVE. That's where I saw them and that's what I referred to in my OP. I don't give a {censored} what their records are like, I didn't go to the concert to listen to their album.

• Members

Absolutely unreal show in Vancouver last night. Cynic was terrible and The Faceless never made it over the border, but none of that mattered as soon as Meshuggah hit the stage. I can't believe how huge they sound live, and their tone was devastating and unbelievably clear even in their lowest tunings.

If these guys come to your town go see them. One of the best metal shows I've been to hands down.

I saw them in Seattle and it was pretty bad.

The Faceless -> meh...ok I guess.

Cynic -> completely boring...time to go to the bar.

Meshuggah -> Fantastic...except the sound was absolutely horrible. When they came through Seattle last time it was twice as loud and twice as clear. This time it was nothing but mush. They must've been using the sound guy from the venue (El Corazon)...the sound in this place is notoriously bad.

Great playing though.

SOMMS

Archived