The Axe-FX sounds like garbage... (clip)

DeadNight Warrior

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fuuuuck that sounds great...........I could give a dump about old Metallica.....but that sounds great.......I need to quit noodling away my dough on other stuff and save for an AxeFx....
:thu:

Thanks man! I really can't stand this tone, but it's good to I guess get away from what I'm used to playing around with once in a while. I tend to gravitate towards the same kinds of tones, so this at least was a bit of a change, and certainly a bit of a laugh. :lol:

• Members

Thanks man! I really can't stand this tone, but it's good to I guess get away from what I'm used to playing around with once in a while. I tend to gravitate towards the same kinds of tones, so this at least was a bit of a change, and certainly a bit of a laugh.
:lol:

Yeah for a laugh you pretty much nailed it........more and more people are getting some exceptional sounds out of that thing....:cool:

• Members

You're in GAS denial
:cop:
:cop:

Haha maybe so. But man...I've been concentrating on tweaking R2 on the Mark IV and HOLY {censored} it is my favorite channel now. This thing has some insanely grindy/huge/dynamic tones in it. I'm really happy with my rig right now. The thing I really like about the AFX is all the built in high quality effects.

• Members

Haha maybe so. But man...I've been concentrating on tweaking R2 on the Mark IV and HOLY {censored} it is my favorite channel now. This thing has some insanely grindy/huge/dynamic tones in it. I'm really happy with my rig right now. The thing I really like about the AFX is all the built in high quality effects.

Join us...

.... it's bliiiiiiiisssss.... :cop:

• Members

Yeah for a laugh you pretty much nailed it........more and more people are getting some exceptional sounds out of that thing....
:cool:

There are definitely great tones in this thing. I remember with the old V-Amp, POD, GT-8, etc., I had to tweak and tweak to try get the thing sounding as real as I could. With this, I just focus on dialing a tone I like and the realism is there. The 7.00 firmware update definitely made some great improvements. :thu:

• Members

Sweet! Record some clips!

• Members

There are definitely great tones in this thing. I remember with the old V-Amp, POD, GT-8, etc., I had to tweak and tweak to try get the thing sounding as real as I could. With this, I just focus on dialing a tone I like and the realism is there. The 7.00 firmware update definitely made some great improvements.

Yeah, I was amazed how quickly I dialed in the IIC+... practically within seconds I had it sounding great, and I could get it sounding even better with a little more effort (but I want to try out the other new amps first :D)

Definitely very impressive. It's an incredibly dynamic and responsive model. Makes me really want a IIC+ if I ever get the extra dough :cool:

• Members

Yeah, I was amazed how quickly I dialed in the IIC+... practically within seconds I had it sounding great, and I could get it sounding even better with a little more effort (but I want to try out the other new amps first
:D
)

Definitely very impressive. It's an incredibly dynamic and responsive model. Makes me really want a IIC+ if I ever get the extra dough
:cool:

Yep, great model. It took just a lil tweaking from my Mark IV sound to get it right for me... little less bass, more treble, tad more drive. Still have to work on it more, but for now it sounds great.

For the TLITD clip, I just pushed the drive up a bit more, and scooped all the good bits out of the tone. :cop:

• Members

Go see Meshuggah/Cynic

I've seen one Cynic video of it, but the guitars were buried so I couldn't tell. I know it does well for Meshuggah, but I wouldn't have a need for that kind of tone live. Seeing Cynic live might be a good idea. I'm not really into their music, but it may be worth it to finally hear the AFX get a workout in a live situation.

• Members

Finally listening now. Sounds very good!

What are your SD2.0 settings? Is it possible to send me your preset? It's not exactly what I go for, but they sound very good.

Haha... the S2.0 was my normal kit but I think a different snare. All the processing was within the plugin from memory, ambient mics off, some comp and EQ, etc. I can send you the setting when I get home from work later tonight. It does use some Superior X-drums (cymbals), but the majority of it is Avatar.

• Members

Haha... the S2.0 was my normal kit but I think a different snare. All the processing was within the plugin from memory, ambient mics off, some comp and EQ, etc. I can send you the setting when I get home from work later tonight. It does use some Superior X-drums (cymbals), but the majority of it is Avatar.

If you don't mind, could you send that to me as well? Much appreciated!!:love:

• Members

Every time a quality snax FX clip is posted, which has been frequent lately, it just makes me miss having one even more. I didn't spend nearly enough time with it as I should have.

I think it goes without saying that, quite simply, you're a dick. :cop::lol:

The Axe just keeps getting better and better with each update. :thu:

You guys PM me your email addresses and I'll get that S2.0 file out tonight (only midday or so here now). It's really nothing that special though IMO. The only thing maybe slightly fancy about it is the kick processing, which uses the sub channel low-passed to {censored} to get the big thump. :idk:

• Members

Maybe I'm crazy, but it doesn't sound all that scooped to me. Maybe just because I'm used to hearing that song with no mids whatsoever
:facepalm:

In any case, sounds pretty badass

The leads sound very scooped... I think the rhythm has a good amount of crunchy mids. :rawk: It's definitely more scooped than it would be without the PEQs though (of course)

• Members

Maybe I'm crazy, but it doesn't sound all that scooped to me. Maybe just because I'm used to hearing that song with no mids whatsoever
:facepalm:

In any case, sounds pretty badass

Doesn't sound all that scooped?! :eek: I had two PEQs ripping out the mids at 750Hz (coz one wouldn't take enough out), plus 400Hz and around 1600Hz, not to mention some low and high freq boosting.

If this isn't midscooping, I don't wanna know what is! I think I'd die on the spot if I heard that! :eek::cop:

Archived