tube amps from the 70's and 80's still revered? not surpassed by technology - sad

andyhumb

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ooooooooooooooohhhhh man, have you seen the the the new muff pedal that came out?

excellent for doomed out tones on guitar

and supposedly works extremely well on bass.

Wantttttttttttttt itttt

Noice!

Ex plays doom on occasion? Check. Ex plays bass a little? check. That could have a place on my board.

• Members

it's like cars, mang. the '56 Chevy was the zenith. the apex. so why didn't they stop then? because someone needs to keep building cars to make money. then they over-engineer the {censored} out of everything and suck the mojo out of it with cheaper components, etc., make it more complex and difficult to use, blah blah.

• Members

it's like cars, mang. the '56 Chevy was the zenith. the apex. so why didn't they stop then? because someone needs to keep building cars to make money. then they over-engineer the {censored} out of everything and suck the mojo out of it with cheaper components, etc., make it more complex and difficult to use, blah blah.

:facepalm:Using a 56 chevy as an analogy is probably not the best example. Innovative and a giant step towards modern day cars yes, but tri 5

• Members

As someone who was stuck with nothing but 60s and 70s gear for the beginning years of my playing, I'm happier than {censored} with new gear. No more struggling to get good tones at low volume...multi channel footswitchable amps...cascading gain sections. I haven't played my old Marshalls in eons and don't plan to.

• Members
wow, I'm surprised at the responses from the young guys - I thought for sure I would hear "my Mesa rectifier blows away the Marshalls of the 70's and early 80's" etc. I guess young guys can have a good ear too
:)

:facepalm:

My rectifier doesn't blow them away, it just does a totally different thing in a totally different way. I also have a marshall. It's a dsl100, and I wish it was a jcm or another single channel amp though.

• Members

Who gives a {censored} what time period an amp came from? The only thing that matters is the sound you are going after and can you actually {censored}ing play guitar with some coherence.

I'd love to shove a Dumble up your nostalgic ass.

Oh, Framus Cobra and ENGL Powerball here and I don't want an amp for the seventies or the eighties.

Archived