Diezel Schmidt

Duesentrieb

• Members
OK, that's what I'm asking. It sounds similar in the clip, so I'm wondering how the focus is different.
:thu:
I gather it's even further down the "vintage" road while still maintaining the signature Diezel sound?

If you refer to the Diezel sound being Einstein ch1/mode 3 or VH4/ch3 - not at all. Hard to describe. Its Diezel's "Vintage-Modern" or so. More vintage with some very modern features, the sound is not a typical Diezel - so far, it will expand the Diezel spectrum "to the other side of things" :)

• Members

I like the drive tones but the cleans have a real sharp edge to them (in the first vid) and lack warmth. Too clinical for me. Better in the second clip, but even with humbuckers the sharp edge is still there. Might be fixable with speaker choice, but I've moved away from amps with sharp cleans (I don't really use that Madamp A15 ATM). Did like the tone (second vid) when he rolled back the vol in ch 2 - vid 2 was generally much more appealing.

Agree with the shades of ZZ top comment, but with much more drive on tap.

So what is this - parallel valves for class A operation like the H&K Puretone Diezelised?

• Members

I like the drive tones but the cleans have a real sharp edge to them (in the first vid) and lack warmth. Too clinical for me. Better in the second clip, but even with humbuckers the sharp edge is still there. Might be fixable with speaker choice, but I've moved away from amps with sharp cleans (I don't really use that Madamp A15 ATM). Did like the tone (second vid) when he rolled back the vol in ch 2 - vid 2 was generally much more appealing.

Agree with the shades of ZZ top comment, but with much more drive on tap.

So what is this - parallel valves for class A operation like the H&K Puretone Diezelised?

Hi Tony,

those sounds really depend on the player and cab. The second vid's guy is known for his "sharp" AC/DC stuff - when I'm playing thru it I do sound as smooth as I'm always sounding just with the typical characteristics of this Class A amp.

• 7 months later...

Archived