Why do people get so jealous and defensive when someone younger has nice gear?

Say Ocean

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
There was a kid in high school that has a Gibson LP and Fender Tube amps, and I always beat him at BOTB with my epi and MG30DFx
:lol:

tone is in the fingerzzzzzzzzz

idk man, I think all these kids are stuck on efx and compression....... long term Ipod abuse

take those efx OFF and just play the damn thing! or go acoustic first

• Members

Every kid at my highschool had a {censored}ing Gibson LP worth more than $1500 with a {censored}ing peavey 20watt SS POS (figuratively speaking). It was {censored}ing ridiculous. THey all thought the tone was all guitar, and a $600 guitar (with a better amp) was not going to pull off some good tones like a $1500 (with the {censored}ty amp) one could. :mad:

But I saw the light... :thu:

• Members
Every kid at my highschool had a {censored}ing Gibson LP worth more than $1500 with a {censored}ing peavey 20watt SS POS (figuratively speaking). It was {censored}ing ridiculous. THey all thought the tone was all guitar, and a $600 guitar (with a better amp) was not going to pull off some good tones like a $1500 (with the {censored}ty amp) one could.
:mad:

But I saw the light...
:thu:

idk- I think starting off with a better guitar will make you a better player than having a {censored} guitar and good amp. You learn to play the guitar, any amp you'll sound the same

• Members

my son plays drums. Was playing since he was 7. At 15, I bought him a mediocre kit and a good FOOT pedal and decent cymbals. My wife said why you spending so much on a foot pedal and cymbals HH stand, cymbal stands?

I said ask me next YEAR when he's playing in a band!

His friend in HS got a nicer Tama kit and cheap {censored}ing foot pedal and garbage $120 cymbal set and a really {censored} HH stand! he quit playing, quit lessons

• Members

idk- I think starting off with a better guitar will make you a better player than having a {censored} guitar and good amp. You learn to play the guitar, any amp you'll sound the same

Its all cool, but a $600 ltd or epi is about 90% of how good a guitar will sound.. 1500 isnt gonna help you unless you know how to capture the feel of it and really accentuate the tones out of the guit. Subtleties (although awesome) really, that can only be done by an experienced guitarist.

The little peavey rage wont do any justice to the 1500 LP.. And really you just threw money in the wrong direction, instead of getting a more balanced setup like a decent guitar + decent amp, vs awesome guitar + {censored}ty amp.

-D

• Members

i'd prefer to see young kids with middle of the road affordable stuff kicking ass and taking names.

you seldom get great tones from great gear unless you know how to use it.. and theres only one way to learn how to do that...

guess it's always kinda a bummer to see really young kids with the best, 'cause you know it takes so long to get there and buy it as a normal working person... seems hard to appreciate the greatness unless you worked your way through what you CAN afford...

• Members
so why don't you?

:o

Just a response to the thread.

I spend zero time thinking about other people's gear and I don't get caught up in who's better than whom.

This is something that, when I was younger, I did think about. But then you realize what a waste of time that is and there are so many other things I should be thinking about (or concerned about or mad about, etc.)

I think it's called maturity.

• Members

Just a response to the thread.

I spend zero time thinking about other people's gear and I don't get caught up in who's better than whom.

This is something that, when I was younger, I did think about. But then you realize what a waste of time that is and there are so many other things I should be thinking about (or concerned about or mad about, etc.)

i was just calling attention to your "expression" of being able to care less. i think you meant to say "i couldn't care less," meaning that you were at the absolute minimum of caring.

• Members

You post on HCAF you're wasting time, that is the whole purpose of it.

• Members
i was just calling attention to your "expression" of being able to care less. i think you meant to say "i couldn't care less," meaning that you were at the absolute minimum of caring.

Damn me and my inability to grasp the English language! :lol:

My bad...you are indeed correct!

Archived