Best heavy metal pickups... go

Doittoday

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If no EMGs, Seymour Duncan Invader.

do you think the invader would sound better in a dark/warm sounding guitar than a duncan distortion?

im shopping for a new bridge p/u for my axxion right now. it's all mahogany,with a mahogany neck thru/tone pros bridge and string thru- the JB just doesnt do it for me in that guitar- kind of muddy.

im also thinking about the X2N. i plan on putting the JB in the neck position just to try it out there- dont like the jazz at all.(it came with a JB/jazz set up).

• Members

do you think the invader would sound better in a dark/warm sounding guitar than a duncan distortion?

im shopping for a new bridge p/u for my axxion right now. it's all mahogany,with a mahogany neck thru/tone pros bridge and string thru- the JB just doesnt do it for me in that guitar- kind of muddy.

im also thinking about the X2N. i plan on putting the JB in the neck position just to try it out there- dont like the jazz at all.(it came with a JB/jazz set up).

JB muddy? Erm, I'd take the X2N over the Invader if that's the case.

• Members

JB is not muddy. I find it pretty articulate in both my RR3 and Charvel San Dimas.

• Members
These... I love the 81's at the bridge. Some people dont, but for metal I can't suggest a better pickup IMO.

-D

This.I really dont see why someone would purposely skirt around an 81 when they're specifically looking for high power transparency and articulation :confused:

• Members

air norton is definitely not a high output pickup to me...

thats more a vintage-y tone..

I agree 100%

MY favorite all around combo ever is a super distortion in the bridge and a tone zone in the neck. Not just for metal (although its PERFECT for metal) but for everything. In just about every tonewood this combo sings and screams.

• Members

did someone finally pick out a guitar for you?
:lol:

haha, no I played an RG370 or whatever

and I loved the neck, so I bought the RG1570

from ibanezrules.com because its got a thinner neck

and better production/trem

• Members

no, mahogany doesn't need more invader.. it needs more

distortion/mids/highs

Archived