Axe-fx: GREAT vid....

rockapede

• Members

[YOUTUBE]XAJfONBq89U[/YOUTUBE]

I don't know if this has been posted before, but good grief. Little too much talking, but everything sounds fantastic. This is the first clip I've seen where the versatility of the Axe-fx has been demonstrated without at least a few mediocre sounds. Needless to say, I'm impressed.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Awesome vid. I'm gassin for something I already have :lol::facepalm: obviously I need to do more work with the mid-gain type tones... I've spent so much time tweaking high gain stuff and so little on virtually anything else.

Also... horn-rimmed glasses FTMFW

• Members

Meh, I'm not buying into the hype. The cleans sound good but it's common knowledge that SS is great for cleans. Yeah the f/x are handy, but I don't use any. The mid to hard edge overdrive sounds like {censored}. I'll pass for now. I'd like to hear this guy play through a nice valve amp to compare, he has some nice chops.:)

• Members
Awesome vid. I'm gassin for something I already have
:lol::facepalm:
obviously I need to do more work with the mid-gain type tones... I've spent so much time tweaking high gain stuff and so little on virtually anything else.

Also... horn-rimmed glasses FTMFW

I would love to hear an AC/DC type tone if you ever have the chance :love:

• Members
Meh, I'm not buying into the hype. The cleans sound good but it's common knowledge that SS is great for cleans. Yeah the f/x are handy, but I don't use any. The mid to hard edge overdrive sounds like {censored}. I'll pass for now. I'd like to hear this guy play through a nice valve amp to compare, he has some nice chops.
:)

Different strokes for different folks. I think the direct recorded sound on these clips sound excellent:

Axe-Fx Demo 1
Axe-Fx Demo 2
Axe-Fx Demo 3
Axe-Fx Demo 4
Axe-Fx Demo 5
Axe-Fx Demo 6
Axe-Fx Demo 7
Axe-Fx Demo 8
Axe-Fx Demo 9
Axe-Fx Jam

• Members

Wow that Jazz model clean amp was purdy! :love:

Didn't like the distortion tones though. :confused:

I've got a pal I met on this forum coming over to show me his Axe-FX in the next few months when he gets back from overseas.

Can't wait to check it out.

But I'm definitely not buying one. :cop:

• Members

responding to you now: I guess I don't like a Trainweck amp then.
:idk:

I am sorry. I thought you were responding to the Trainwreck video. My bust...

I really don't think you would like a trainwreck though from your taste in amps I have seen here. It is like a really RAW Marshall with a bit more gain. Great touch response though.

• Members

Wow, I never even looked at this thing, even with all the buzz about it, because it's just not for me, and I'm not saying it would sound like a "real" amp in a room, but damn, those videos sound good.

Particularly, the tones these guys used, especially the last one, cleaned up great on the neck pickup.

Archived