Thinking bout selling my strat

primeholy

• Members

I bought a Highway 1 Strat last year. I only play it on about two songs(Little Wing, Voodoo Chile). I dont like the tone of it and was thinking of throwing in a single coil sized humbucker. But for the last week or so I have been thinking of selling it and getting an ESP with a floyd. What would be a good price to ask for it with case?(it is the newer fender flight cases) I also installed locking tuners if that effects anything.

CIMG0429.jpg

CIMG0426.jpg

• Members

about $550-600.... but keep it, every serious player should have a strat in his collection. Add the single-sized HB for heavier tones, it will make the guitar a lot more versatile.

Thanks. I was thinking I might regret it one day if I got rid of it.

• Members
:rolleyes::blah:

look at your signature, man:

andreaskisser2.jpg

Yeah, you know he was using Jacksons with the real Sepultura. I don't even care for Andreas these days anymore, or Sepultura.

No really, Strats are good for the clean stuff, I just hate the way they look, old and generic and boring and done way too many times. There are other cool single-coil guitars out there.

• Members

Yeah, you know he was using Jacksons with the real Sepultura. I don't even care for Andreas these days anymore, or Sepultura.

No really, Strats are good for the clean stuff, I just hate the way they look, old and generic and boring and done way too many times. There are other cool single-coil guitars out there.

I grew up with these guys, Andreas and I are from the same hometown and went to school together . He used strats with HBs for the longest time in the studio to record solos and clean parts.

• Members
I grew up with these guys, Andreas and I are from the same hometown and went to school together . He used strats with HBs for the longest time in the studio to record solos and clean parts.

Cool dude, you went to class with him? But anyway, yeah I know he's been using Strats a lot, like a lot of other players really. I just can't stand the way they look :lol: That's about it.

• Members

Cool dude, you went to class with him? But anyway, yeah I know he's been using Strats a lot, like a lot of other players really. I just can't stand the way they look
:lol:
That's about it.

yeah junior high/high school , not same class because he's a few years older but yeah same school.

I'm not a strat player myself, but I have one on the side here for cleans, fast leads on the neck pickup etc it's a staple of so many rock/metal tones. Mine has a Hb in the bridge as well since I can't stand the tone of a strat bridge single coil. But a HSS strat is one of the most versatile guitars out there, you can pretty much get anything you want from it.

It's important to have one especially if you can't afford to own too many guitars.

• Members
No really, Strats are good for the clean stuff, I just hate the way they look, old and generic and boring and done way too many times.

There just aren't enough :facepalm:'s allowed for the type of nonsense espoused in these two silly comments.

But I'll still give them the maximum 9 left.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Archived