Are you guys as concerned with amp weight?

poorboy

• Members

I'm visiting from the bass threads and over there I hear constant belly acheing about amp weight? I've never heard a guitar player complain about amp weight. Is it an issue here?

If you say you play a SVT the comments about needing a roadie to carry it for you start flying around. This is here and also at TB.

It's embarrasing to say the least. You'd think most bass players spend more time moveing their amp than playing through it.

• Members

Yes. My Egnater head is as heavy as my Diezel combo. I wouldn't mind seeing lighter tube amps, but that's not likely to happen until someone figures out how to make good small, lightweight output transformers.

• Members

I hate moving a half stack, but it's gotta be done. So it's not worth bitching about. FWIW my bass player plays an Ampeg pro head thru an 8X10 cab and I've never heard him bitch other than the one time we didn't bring it to a show.

• Members

I'm visiting from the bass threads and over there I hear constant belly acheing about amp weight? I've never heard a guitar player complain about amp weight. Is it an issue here?

If you say you play a SVT the comments about needing a roadie to carry it for you start flying around. This is here and also at TB.

It's embarrasing to say the least. You'd think most bass players spend more time moveing their amp than playing through it.

You must not read many posts here. Tons of talk about weight, especially when discussing 2x12/4x10 combos and 4x12 cabs. You must not notice them.

• Members

dont care so much about weight I do care about heavy amps that are awkward to move around.... one of the main reasons I got rid of my twin..... 70+ lbs of amp in a large cabinet WITH ONE FLIMSY RUBBER HANDLE?????

seriously? AC30's got it right with the two handles on the top.....

• Members

I don't care about the weight. It's good for those bicepses and having a nice 4x12 or two blowing your balls off gives such a better feeling than micing a combo.

miking one speaker in a 4x12 will not sound different to the mic than just a single 12" in a combo. That said, I use a pair of halfstacks onstage.

Archived