How do places handle large sums of cash...

ckreon

• Members
They would just not accept it since we aren't on a barter system.

Sure they would, assuming the guy used American Eagles here in the US. Face value of $20 or so, but with gold trading at upwards of $900/ounce... well... even the 1/4 ounce piece would be a complete waste of money :lol:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Cash flies out of convertible on motorway

Thu May 14, 2009 11:59am EDT

BERLIN (Reuters) - A man lost 23,000 euros ($31,180) to the wind when an envelope with the money he had stuck in the passenger seat pocket of his convertible blew away during a test drive in northern Germany.

The cash -- in 500, 200, and 100 euro notes -- fluttered across the motorway in the midst of speeding traffic near the city of Hanover, police said.

The man, 23, contacted police immediately, who then blocked the motorway in both directions for nearly half an hour. Eight police officers assisted the man in retrieving his notes and were able to recover 20,000 euros.

"The remaining 3,000 euros have not been found," a police spokeswoman said, but warned treasure hunters of searching for any bills and keeping them, saying that was illegal.

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idINTRE54D3PY20090514

:facepalm:

• Members
Yeah that is money paid to a private individual. If money is paid to a dealership that taxes will be paid either when the loan docs are signed or when the vehicle is registered. It makes no difference how the car is paid for. My grandfather was a mechanic his entire life. He would buy a new car at least every five years. He didn't finance a vehicle until this year and only because he is retired. All of the others were cash money deals. I know plenty of old timers that still spend cash on everything. Cars, boats even homes have been purchased in cash here. Small town with some people that make lots of money with little debt.

Wow didn't think I'd get to talk to Oprah on these forums
:love:

I sold cars for about two years. I don't know how it is everywhere, but in Oklahoma we were required to report cash purchases over $10,000.

• Members

I'm not aware of how it works in Australia but this doesn't happen in Canada. If you win a 10 million dollar lottery, the 10 million is yours. The lotto is government owned/regulated so their share of tax dollars comes from the suckers who don't win a prize.

Nah, that makes too much sense. It makes the US more money to tax the winner on top of collecting all that money from the losers.

• Members

Nah, that makes too much sense. It makes the US more money to tax the winner on top of collecting all that money from the losers.

I'm actually ok with the lottery system. It's a "stupid people" tax, to ensure the bottom feeders that only receive tax benefits will still contribute something to society. Even if it's just giving back a fraction of the money they receive.

A lot of the lottery proceeds that don't go to the payouts, are used for public schools. At least down here in Texas.

• Members

It all depends here.

I am pissed at you Texans as all of the things I desire are much cheaper around you and available.

I pay 275 for the cream of the crop and 225 for less stuff. But its always close to 'medical' grade so I can't complain. It sucks now that it is the summer and I am working more all of it lasts me much longer. Plus since graduating I have to start looking at the 'real' job market, so pot smoking isn't going over so well.

The long beard and hair really make them wonder, it sucks. I walked into an office the other day and the reception lady was giving me the most horrible looks. I don't think Ill get a call back :(

• Members

It all depends here.

I am pissed at you Texans as all of the things I desire are much cheaper around you and available.

I pay 275 for the cream of the crop and 225 for less stuff. But its always close to 'medical' grade so I can't complain. It sucks now that it is the summer and I am working more all of it lasts me much longer.
Plus since graduating I have to start looking at the 'real' job market, so pot smoking isn't going over so well.

The long beard and hair really make them wonder, it sucks. I walked into an office the other day and the reception lady was giving me the most horrible looks. I don't think Ill get a call back
:(

{censored}ing bull{censored}, eh?

• Members

I
could
get cheaper stuff...but SourD is 'spensive.

Ain't interested in schwiggity...or reg's that wear off in 2 hrs.

SourD is the best I've ever found...and I've been to A-dam.

Yeah dude I know what you mean, I go thru long periods of smoking the big D.

It still sounds like you are getting ripped off.

I snag zips of that {censored} for 275 all day long.

Amsterdam was a huge disappointment for me besides the mushrooms (nothing like getting them fresh) and LSD......I was expecting to be smoking the best weed ever but I found {censored} I can get here locally. Kinda sucked.

• Members

I'm a cash man myself. Debt free baby.

Isn't there also a limit on what you can withdraw from your bank account before they report it to the IRS or something?

Withdrawl AND deposit is $25k. I just went through this with my bank as my wife got a hefty settlement from a drunk driver hitting her last year. We ended up breaking the deposit into 3 so we wouldn't have to deal with that {censored}.

• Members
Yeah dude I know what you mean, I go thru long periods of smoking the big D.

It still sounds like you are getting ripped off.

I snag zips of that {censored} for 275 all day long.

I'm coming to your house...:love:
ozers are 550! regular 'kind' is 300-350ish.

You like paddles?

• Members
Oh, you're the one driving around handing out drugs? NVM..Yeah, DON'T do that at home.

If you're just doing them...you're not 'dealing'...I don't get it. Having a 'friend' stop by isn't illegal...if he makes it to your house, no one knew...if you don't sell, you aren't dealing.

I was trying to keep you safe by not having to drive dirty.

I'm coming to your house...
:love:
You like paddles?

Where abouts are you located? thats crazy prices! I would stop smoking haha

I don't sell.

With some people I don't know THAT well you have no idea what is going on behind the scenes so I like to keep those people away from my home base. with what I am picking up if the police decided they wanted to nab this dude and rolled into my home while {censored} was going down I would be {censored}ed. If there is a scale or any other illegal substances in the house they can charge you with dealing that as well, even if its a tiny amount

It's ALL personal but I would have to convince the judical system of that and thats no easy thing to do.

• Members

Where abouts are you located? thats crazy prices! I would stop smoking haha

I don't sell.

With some people I don't know THAT well you have no idea what is going on behind the scenes so I like to keep those people away from my home base. with what I am picking up if the police decided they wanted to nab this dude and rolled into my home while {censored} was going down I would be {censored}ed. If there is a scale or any other illegal substances in the house they can charge you with dealing that as well, even if its a tiny amount

It's ALL personal but I would have to convince the judical system of that and thats no easy thing to do.

i dig.

Archived