New gear pics: My basement. Let me show you it.

MattACaster

• Members
i keep scrollin and it's not ending!!! You should run a bed-and-breakfast-and-play-all-my-gear. a B&B&PAMG. I'd totally make the trip out.

those drums have that "frequently-rocked-out-upon" look that i dig.

Now post some pics of you and the little woman enjoying the bounty the gear gods have bestowed upon you!!

also i always lol a bit when i see all kinds of expensive gear framing one small {censored}ty acoustic guitar. Makes me giggle. no one ever knows or cares about the model number, just "samick acoustic" or "random guitar that isnt flat and has a big hole in it for some reason" heh.

Ha!! My dad picked that out because he liked the color. That's when I started playing guitar :love:

I've recorded with it many times and it sounds great!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man Ive been Gas-ing pretty intensely for an RD Reissue. How do you like it? Give me a holler if you ever wanna get rid of it!

LOVE IT!

Sounds huge! Got kind of a big neck but I don't mind. One of the best Gibsons I've ever played.

I managed to find at a store in Texas right around Feb for less then they were going on eBay. :thu:

• Members

My gawd, between the guit-fiddles and the mapz, you have A LOT of tones covered there!

Thats actually kind of the idea. I've played in metal and punk bands. I've also done the classic rock thing and even backed up country singer and done surf tunes. I like the fact that I can pretty much nail any genre of music with what I have.

• Members
LOVE IT!

Sounds huge! Got kind of a big neck but I don't mind. One of the best Gibsons I've ever played.

I managed to find at a store in Texas right around Feb for less then they were going on eBay.
:thu:

I had a chance to grab a new one a while back for $700. I shouldve done it. Im not a Silverburst fan whatsoever , but for some reason I think the RD shape is bitchin. Of course , Id rather have a Firebird :thu:

• Members
Finally got all my gear under one roof for the first time ever so I thought some pics here in order.

MattACaster & BottomHeavyKate's basement....

Chapter 1: The Guitars

basses.JPG
Basses - NS Design Electric Upright, Ibanes 5-string that I can't remember the model number of...

SR-305. I have that exact bass as well. Comfy, stable, holds tuning, easy to play. Currently my oldest bass in my collection, since the EX was ripped apart to make my project bass.

• Members

I had a chance to grab a new one a while back for $700. I shouldve done it. Im not a Silverburst fan whatsoever , but for some reason I think the RD shape is bitchin. Of course , Id rather have a Firebird
:thu:

Yeah, I saw a ton of them for between $700 and 850 on eBay. Then when I finally had the money they were all going for like $1300... and not selling...

A little eBay searching led me to a store in texas that had one still new in the box. Then sent it right up to me for $900. A little more than I wanted to pay but it was brand spanking new so it was all good.

It was the opposite for me. I love Silverburst. Firebirds would be cool but I don't like the headstock on them. :idk:

• Members

OP: i have the same ltd flying V, i got it when i was 14 and knew nothing about guitars for like 200$. ive had alot of trouble finding info on this guitar, so thanks for giving me the model. i cant seem to find any with the same body tho, all the new ones seem more angled/sharp. i cant find what its worth or anything like that...i ran a search after i read the model and one page says that exact body style v200 runs 880$ list price. sound right? thanks for any info.

• Members

OP: i have the same ltd flying V, i got it when i was 14 and knew nothing about guitars for like 200$. ive had alot of trouble finding info on this guitar, so thanks for giving me the model. i cant seem to find any with the same body tho, all the new ones seem more angled/sharp. i cant find what its worth or anything like that...i ran a search after i read the model and one page says that exact body style v200 runs 880$ list price. sound right? thanks for any info.

I bought mine off 4nkam don't know a whole lot about it other than they are rare. ESP stopped making them when Gibson sued them. The original Explorers were around $450 new so I would think the V would me in the same range. So around $800 would seem about right for list.

Archived