other than metallica/megadeth/numetal who are the richest metal bands?

thulsa_doom2

• Members

as the question implies, are bands like Killswitch, lamb of god, bodom, all that remains,trivium pretty loaded? they're not a super niche band like say, necrophagist, and their {censored} gets used in alot of movies, so im assuming they make over 6 figures/ close to that amnt?

• Members

other than metallica/megadeth/numetal who are the richest metal bands?

Nu metal is the one of the richest bands?? :o ...it was a late 90's trend and long since over. I assume you meant richest whatever-core band, but that even that style is now on it's way out. :lol:

I think the mega-rich metal bands are a dying breed personally...

• Members

Nu metal is the one of the richest bands??
:o
...it was a late 90's trend and long since over. I assume you meant richest whatever-core band, but that even that style is now on it's way out.
:lol:

I think the mega-rich metal bands are a dying breed personally

Sad but true... :cry:

• Members

musicians that aren't mega aerosmith rock stars don't generally even touch 6 figures. 5 person band + gold record = about 20,000 per person if you're lucky. and thats not per year, it would be if you had an album go gold every year.

*edit* that doesn't include touring and merch sales of course but i can't imagine they make more than another 20k apiece.

• Members

fixed

I'd think it's a mixture of both, but I don't have any numbers. In my impression, a lot of maiden fans are very loyal, buy all albums, go to a lot of gigs, etc. Of course the fans buy t-shirts and stuff as well, but record sales and revenues from touring alone should be enough to make Iron Maiden rather wealthy.

• Members

I remember going to one of those music summit type festival dealios here in the midwest a few years back, and they had a "heavy music symposium" that included some label dudes and the editor of Revolver, that VJ Juliya (from Fuse) and some of other various people. The editor for Revolver made a comment about the small world that is heavy metal these days and he said that following LoG's release of Ashes of the Wake, he was told by one of the guys they made about 45K that year...I don't see many bands in metal that high profile, actually LoG may be one of the few (KsE, AILD, etc. to add some more), and I doubt many of them make more than 50K. Heck, most of them have jobs when they aren't on tour.

A lot of metal bands are releasing "deluxe editions" with their CD's these days and they include "making of" DVD's with studio footage, interviews, etc...Watching those can really open your eyes to what their life outside the road is like...Pretty run of the mill, low mid income stuff. You definitely have to love the music/lifestyle...I think that's one of the reasons you see a lot of these metal dudes recording and stuff - to expand their earning potential possible based off name recognition (and some of them are really good at it).

• Members

The days of super-rich musicians ended with hair metal. Unless my perception of them is totally wrong and they never made that much either :lol:

Most fairly successful musicians that I've talked with also hold down a job aside from their music. Some of them are fortunate and have jobs working for labels/production companies. Some aren't and have crappy data entry jobs and the like when they're home.

• Members

Sad but true...
:cry:

Metallica humor?

And I'm pretty sure that all the guys from Iron Maiden are rich. If you were to take demographics for the entire world they are probably THE most popular heavy metal band (my personal favorite too).

Archived