What exactly is boutique tone?

Rockett

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
i started a couple years ago just building stuff for me. i decided to take it public in february.

/thread jack

No worries on a thread jack. You should be proud of your efforts and advertise as much as possible ;) Best of luck to you and the future of Titan amps!

• Members

Put your amp on a lacquered wooden cabinet. Pull off the faceplate and write the control labels with a permanent marker. Replace all knobs with chicken head knobs. Pull off the logo and fit one of your own; something with word

• Members

These guys DO realize that most boutique builders make low-wattage amps, right?

Like...LESS than 20 watts?

Bottom line:

They're trying to sniff cork, but they don't even know that cork is a type of wood.

I'd do your best to not waste another second of your time with these wanna-be pretentious douchebags.

• Members
well, line 6 does have a bogner built spider. Maybe I should show up with one of those
:lol:
Too bad it doesnt cost $4000.

I'm pretty sure it's more a case of "Bogner-branded, Line 6 built" rather than "Bogner built". :o

Still, from the sounds of it, that'd be enough to convince them you're good enough. :facepalm:

• Members
No worries on a thread jack. You should be proud of your efforts and advertise as much as possible
;)
Best of luck to you and the future of Titan amps!

i just don't like it when threads about other stuff turn into threads about my junk when i post in them.

i think the best advertising i've had has been done by people that have played my amps.:thu:

• Members
Oh dear god. I didn't want to ask them out of the possibility of being embarrassed by not knowing what they meant but I gave in and decided to text the vocalist to see what they meant since we are supposed to get together tomorrow night anyways. He responded by saying that my cab was too small and that my amp is only 50 watts. I had the volume up almost at the halfway point and it was plenty loud enough in the band mix. I can't believe they are complaining! Something tells me I should just move on
:freak:

a 50 watt Rockerverb would slam a dual rec volume wise. I also prefer the sound of 2x12 cabs. Seems like they're only interested in image, not sound. Are they actually a good band?

• Members
... they made a comment to me that left me scratching my head. They said that their band was seeking a guitarist who has boutique tone and embraces the essence of a boutique quality amp? /QUOTE]

Do you really want to play in a band full of jerks?
It's OK to be gearhead, but when it comes to playing, it's advisable to stop the corksniffing.

Boutique? Send them to the grossery shop on the corner, if they want to see a real "boutique".

• Members

a 50 watt Rockerverb would slam a dual rec volume wise. I also prefer the sound of 2x12 cabs. Seems like they're only interested in image, not sound. Are they actually a good band?

If they were interested in image, they would be using a decent cab instead of that Line6 cab. If it was an old Flextone cab (with the vintage vibe) it could be a tone-choice. If it was a Vetta cab, then they are morons.

(and I like Line6)

• Members
Had an audition on Sunday for a modern rock band and they seemed to have liked me on a personal level but before I left they made a comment to me that left me scratching my head. They said that their band was seeking a guitarist who has boutique tone and embraces the essence of a boutique quality amp? Um, yeah. So can somebody clarify this for me? Oh and they asked me back for a second audition so i'm almost sure that they didn't make that comment as an excuse to blow me off. Your help will be appreciated guys
:)

Seems to me they were saying that you play O.k. but your tone has room for improvement.

• Members
Oh dear god. I didn't want to ask them out of the possibility of being embarrassed by not knowing what they meant but I gave in and decided to text the vocalist to see what they meant since we are supposed to get together tomorrow night anyways. He responded by saying that my cab was too small and that my amp is only 50 watts. I had the volume up almost at the halfway point and it was plenty loud enough in the band mix. I can't believe they are complaining! Something tells me I should just move on
:freak:

They're clearly morons and have no idea themselves what boutique means, but if it's just volume they're concerned with then maybe you should turn up with this rig next time:

Biggest%20amp%202.jpg

• Members

boutique tone is what people become obsessed with when they've given up writing good songs and have effectively ended their creative musical career. the sound of their amp is more important than what they're actually playing, and their income level has climbed high enough to justify the situation.

or at least they BELIEVE it has..

Archived