Blackstar HT-5 clip: Stoner Metal (Down content)

MattACaster

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What's the ISF?

From the Blackstar site...

"This fully interactive control allows you to infinitely adjust the response of the tone control network between any of the traditional voicings. In this way you can design your own sound and truly find the sound in your head."

Basically, if you turn it to the lefts the mids get voiced more like an American amp and to the right it sounds more British.

• Members

From the Blackstar site...

"This fully interactive control allows you to infinitely adjust the response of the tone control network between any of the traditional voicings. In this way you can design your own sound and truly find the sound in your head."

Basically, if you turn it to the lefts the mids get voiced more like an American amp and to the right it sounds more British.

basically every amp should have it.

its just as useful if not more useful than the traditional tmb

• Members

please do matt and i a favor and play a series one and report back.

pretty please.

I am going to a guitar shop at the weekend to get my uncle a strat if they have one I will will report back.

The strat is number one though, as my aunt died in October and my uncle is a great guy and used to play in the 60's ( he even released a song that paid the down payment on their house).

He stooped playing for a while, but now he wants to get a strat and always dreamed of one and asked for my help to find a good one :).

oops sorry to hijack the thread I will check for a series one this weekend. I am interested myself.

• Members

I am going to a guitar shop at the weekend to get my uncle a strat if they have one I will will report back.

The strat is number one though, as my aunt died in October and my uncle is a great guy and used to play in the 60's ( he even released a song that paid the down payment on there house).

He stooped playing for a while, but now he wants to get a strat and always dreamed of one and asked for my help to find a good one
:)

oops sorry to hijack the thread I will check for a series one this weekend. I am interested myself.

Excellent! Very cool of you. :thu:

• Members
Sounds pretty killer man!

I recorded a King's X cover with mine last night using the direct out. I'm not that happy with the tone, but I'll probably post a thread with it anyway. I really need to give the whole impulse thing a try.

What King's X cover? I love that band and did a quick but kinda' sloppy take of Far Away using the Revalver a couple days ago and love the way Ty writes and plays as well as his tone, though of course the Revalver tone I'm getting is nothing close to Ty's. :D

BTW, nice clip MattACaster. I really wish I even had the low $ to spare to get one of those lil' amps. They sound great to me. :cool:

• Members

What'd be cool is an HT-10 or HT-20. Some people are finding the HT-5 isn't quite loud enough to gig with. An HT-10 combo with a 12" speaker would be banging! Personally I'm just gonna run two HT-5s.

Deadeyedom mentioned that Blackstar are coming to the UK amp fest with all their amps, so we'll get to try out the Series One there - only a few weeks away :cop:

His band are playing here on Saturday with my flatmate's band so I'll speak to him then I suppose :hic:

• Members
What'd be cool is an HT-10 or HT-20. Some people are finding the HT-5 isn't quite loud enough to gig with. An HT-10 combo with a 12" speaker would be banging! Personally I'm just gonna run two HT-5s.

Deadeyedom mentioned that Blackstar are coming to the UK amp fest with all their amps, so we'll get to try out the Series One there - only a few weeks away
:cop:

His band are playing here on Saturday with my flatmate's band so I'll speak to him then I suppose :hic:

HT-10 would be awesome. When is the ampfest?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

That sounds awesome. I'm getting an Invader installed in my Viper. Hopefully I can get a good stoner/doom tone with my Peavey Classic 30 and a boost.

I don't think you'll have any trouble getting a stoner/doom sound from that setup. :thu:

Archived