Dear god: Thank you for craigslist.

thomazzz

• Members

the amp is single ended. That can cap is 3 section, plate, screen, preamp.

The disc caps are coupling and tone control. Everything needed for a small circuit.

BTW, those sound better than silverface champs. IMO.

i didn't mean it as a bad thing, i think it's super cool - just surprised to see so few things inside, not even a bypass cap on one of the preamp stages or anything.

• Members
Ha, I actually had that very amp bookmarked since it was one of the few things listed on Dallas' craiglist page in recent weeks that was worth a damn. Well, this and a 71 Twin for $350.

Sweet snag though
:thu:

haha thats crazy... did you buy the twin?

• Members

IMG00214.jpg

That is truly awesome. So simple. Talk about an amp you can rely on. The only amp I've seen that was simpler was literally and amp that did not even have a volume knob. It was on or off...full tilt...that's it. Pretty cool, but not exactly practical. Probably extremely expressive though.

• Members

haha thats crazy... did you buy the twin?

Ha, no dude, I actually didn't. It might still be there if you're feeling more adventurous than me. I just didn't feel like driving all the way to freaking Aledo and checking out an amp that I couldn't get pictures for, on a stranger's word that it was in acceptable shape, and having to figure out how to lug the behemoth back in my truly {censored}ty car.

Translation: I don't really want a Twin.

I could still see myself flipping it for some sick profit.

• Members

I just didn't feel like driving all the way to freaking Aledo and checking out an amp that I couldn't get pictures for, on a stranger's word that it was in acceptable shape.

I'm with you. No way am I driving to Aledo, especially with no pics.

The Challenger is incredibly cool sounding and I absolutely love it but I just wish it had a bit more volume. I had a friend who got a transformer mod on his Skylark which really opened it up and increased the wattage by about 10. What would you guys think about looking into something like that on this amp? I really dont want to mess with the amp much since whats most beautiful (and most seem to agree) about it is its simplicity... but maybe if I get another one which I plan on doing the first oppertunity I get.

Archived