does this pharmacist deserve a first degree murder charge

murdock

• Members

Manslaughter 1.

Lets not group him in with people who actually plan murders or instigate a violent situation that leads to murder.

The counter argument teh prosection would come up with to that is "So everyone who has had military training is now a robotic killing machine incapable of measuring reaction based on individual situations? Obviously not gentlemen and ladies of the jury".

I think you're right that manslaughter is probably the right charge. But now that they've charged him with murder one, there's no way they can back down to manslaughter without riots breaking out.

In any case, I gotta leave for the gig. :thu::thu::thu:

I'll read this thread with interest tomorrow.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

it was planned when he walked over the body, ran outside to catch the other guy, walked back in, over the body again, and got a DIFFERENT gun to shoot the guy with, FIVE times in the gut as he lay there after the initial HEAD wound.

come on people.

I know exactly what you are saying. Sadly, for some here, that just makes too much sense...

• Members
The counter argument teh prosection would come up with to that is "So everyone who has had military training is now a robotic killing machine incapable of measuring reaction based on individual situations? Obviously not gentlemen and ladies of the jury".

I think you're right that manslaughter is probably the right charge. But now that they've charged him with murder one, there's no way they can back down to manslaughter without riots breaking out.

In any case, I gotta leave for the gig.
:thu:

I'll read this thread with interest tomorrow.

{censored} with any ex military, and you will get a decidedly more forceful and different reaction than any civilian.

• Members

No, but the problem here is that once the dude was no longer a threat he proceeded to pump 5 rounds into the dude. That'll land you in prison no matter what. It'll get plead down to something much less and he'll do 18months in a minimum security gig, possibly suspended.

^

This

• Members
I'm all for vigilante justice (now that our courts seem to always have pity on poor little career criminals like this one who can't find a job, are addicted to drugs and don't know any other way).

Where's Charles Bronson and Dirty Harry when you need them??

Either dead or making movies like "Bridges of Madison County"...:facepalm:

• Members

While I agree the guy may have overreacted, there's a question that really needs to be answered. Do we know if the robber would have lived had the guy not shot him again? Yes, it says the fatal shot was fired after the headshot, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have died from the first shot eventually. If it was a potentially fatal wound to start with, what difference does it make if he shot him 5 more times?

Oh yeah, and the piece of {censored} got what he deserved anyway.

• Members

No. He didn't "need" to shoot the dude after he was on the floor, most likely dead. However, you don't know what that situation can be like. To be held up at gunpoint, feel that kind of fear, and only be able to react. Who knows what someone would do. Imo, as soon as they came in with a gun, anything goes. This guy should walk. You can't say he was not in fear of his life, we don't know what he felt in those moments. So his reaction to shoot more, reload, ect... 100% reasonable considering what was going on.

• Members

this section of the forum is even younger and more mentally stunted than OJ or PP.

unbelievable.

If you don't like it, don't post here.

I wish the old guy would have had a flame thrower handy.

Too bad he didn't kill both of those pieces of {censored}.

• Members

I wish you psycho {censored}s could live in the society you seem to WISH you could live in. Where joe schmo can hand out a death sentence. I'm all for shooting the {censored} while he's a threat to you or others but the minute he's no longer a thread it is not your right to decide his fate.

• Members
I wish you psycho {censored}s could live in the society you seem to WISH you could live in. Where joe schmo can hand out a death sentence. I'm all for shooting the {censored} while he's a threat to you or others but the minute he's no longer a thread it is not your right to decide his fate.

i want to live in a society where a person who pulls a gun on someone forfeits his right to continued existence :thu:

Archived