Helpin' a friend.... Yay or nay?

Mrak_III

• Members

Okay, so my friend is just starting guitar and he has a crappy Fender Frontman 15G (valued $80 new). I offered him to trade him my Micro Cube (valued $130 new (which sounds much better, has a bunch of different models and modes, runs on batteries, and has built-in effects) for his Frontman + 40$ in cash. I'm doing this to help my friend and since he has a crappy amp and I never use my Micro Cube since I have a killer Mark III half-stack I wouldn't mind doing the trade, and plus I get some extra cash out of it. My question is, should I take the cash or do a straight trade out of generousity? His $40 was for a new amp anyways. But I kind of feel bad. What should I do? The $40 could go to new tubes....

• Members

ive given at least half of my entire rig away at various point of my tenure as a guitar player to people starting off.
ive given away tuners, pickups, amps(combos and a head), pedals,
tons of strings and picks and {censored} like that.
so i would say just let him have it but 40$ would help pay for tubes

• Members

My question is, should I take the cash or do a straight trade out of generousity?

What kind of tubes you looking at getting? How does this sound you do something generous and I will do something generous :thu: If you are wondering what I am proposing, just PM me!

Cole

• Members

I'd go for the straight swap, or even better just give the thing to him. But then, I'm not 13.

My old Sansamp Bass DI I gave away not long ago. Bought it fairly cheap brand new on Ebay a few years back... checked to see what they're going for now and freaked. Nonetheless, I don't use the thing anymore so I gave it to a friend who was looking for something like it. Saved 'em a fair bit of money that way. Gave a couple of audio interfaces I didn't use anymore to friends in the past couple of years. Gave a 5-string bass away to a friend a couple of years back too. Meh, it's only money. :idk:

• Members

Yeah I would just give it to him. I have given away tons of gear, and I have been repaid by karma by getting free gear. I have given away a couple of guitars, a mixer, an amp, a few pedals, a cab. Just give it to him....you dont need the frontman or the cube anyway...

• Members

Okay, so my friend is just starting guitar and he has a crappy Fender Frontman 15G
(valued $80 new). I offered him to trade him my Micro Cube (valued $130 new (which sounds much better, has a bunch of different models and modes, runs on batteries, and has built-in effects) for his Frontman + 40$ in cash. I'm doing this to help my friend and since he has a crappy amp and I never use my Micro Cube since I have a killer Mark III half-stack I wouldn't mind doing the trade, and plus I get some extra cash out of it. My question is, should I take the cash or do a straight trade out of generousity? His $40 was for a new amp anyways. But I kind of feel bad. What should I do? The $40 could go to new tubes....

If he's just starting, who the hell cares about the amp? It could be a Bogner XTC, he's still going to sound like {censored}. Worry about him getting a better amp when he gets better to the point where he can actually REALIZE that the amp is a piece of dung.

• Members

I have given away tons of gear, and I have been repaid by karma by getting free gear.

I've given away gear, paid rent for my GF AND her lowlife daughter who can't hold a job for more than two days, lent money to friends and not bugged them about repayment, yet karma repays me with nothing free, not even a gift or a card for my B-day, pneumonia and a broken {censored}ed up leg.

{censored} Karma.

• Members

I've given away gear, paid rent for my GF AND her lowlife daughter who can't hold a job for more than two days, lent money to friends and not bugged them about repayment, yet karma repays me with nothing free, not even a gift or a card for my B-day, pneumonia and a broken {censored}ed up leg.

{censored} Karma.

most people nowadays mistake kindness for being a pushover.

maybe you should assert yourself a little more, atleast when it comes to gettin money that's owed to you.

Archived