Which band name should we go with?

SexWithRobots

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We had a lot of one worders, none of them seemed that interesting. Band names are so hard cause its more the association that goes with the name than the actual name itself. Theres a lot of really good bands that have pretty stupid names but because of who they are they are cool.

• Members

Yeah that's true. It's about what image the name conjures up in your mind, and how memorable it is. Then again, you can't please everyone with the name, that's what the music is for. Some people hate my band's name, but who cares? :o

• Members

cause black kites at night paints a picture.

Are you a painter or a {censored}ing band? Steal a lyric from one of your favorite bands/songs and run with it. Acid Bath has some pretty warper lyrics to turn into a band name.

• Members

Neither name is good and "The" is about as wack as it gets in a band name at this point. Also refrain from use of current trends utilizing wolf, crystal, cave, golden etc. The concept of a cool name isn't tough at all; jack one from an old obscure song, steal it from a turn of phrase or joke about something.

• Members

Neither name is good and "The" is about as wack as it gets in a band name at this point. Also refrain from use of current trends utilizing wolf, crystal, cave, golden etc. The concept of a cool name isn't tough at all; jack one from an old obscure song, steal it from a turn of phrase or joke about something.

best advice on band naming i've heard.

i had decided i wasn't going to name my band, i was just going to let it name itself, and it just came about from a phrase i heard someone say.

• Members

Dude, if I saw either one of those names on a flyer, I'd immediately assume it was one of those emo-metal bands. They both sound like elastic jeans, asymmetrical haircuts, and whining. If that's not what you're doing, you need to seriously reconsider. You could maybe knock the 'that' off of 'impossible sound' and get a decent rock band name.

• Members

My band has been brainstorming band names for awhile now and we have had a {censored} load of them, but these are the 2 we ended up liking the most and we cannot decide.

That
Impossible
Sound - because each member has pretty different tastes in music and comes together well.

The Hunted Also
Hope
- was graffitied on a wall in downtown Chicago.

Based on those choices, I would say "Impossible Hope" as it's impossible to hope either of those 2 names will work.

Archived