Which forumite has your favorite toanz?

Say Ocean

• Members

Thinkpad for high gain, nuff said :rawk: for clean, srsly it's glenecho. I bought his band 'Senses' cd off itunes. Orgasmic clean tone. Great playing too :thu: Also Shea has ridiculous tones on Son of Fire's cd, just {censored}ing ROCK as {censored} :rawk:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sacha(enditol) has some phenomenal licks and some killer recorded tone too! I'm a big fan of Chris D's tones. That guy can get some unreal rock tones and has an unusual set up for sure... though all this said, I personally like my tone the most :D

-Curtis

• Members

Telephant or Worldoftone.

Both of them have such ridiculously awesome tone, it makes the tone Godz weep tears of joy.

You should come down and see Son of Fire on July 4th. I mean, come on...4th of July. In Texas. With Shea.

• Members

Too many to list, but I'll try -

Exafro - always comes up with CRAZY unique tones, from settings that I would NEVER think would sound good
Samhill - Always sounds killer, definitely '80s high-gain the way it SHOULD be done
Teebes - everything that guy records is {censored}ing WELL DONE. His {censored} sounds PRO.

I can't think of anyone else right now, but I've heard a lot of great {censored} on this board.

• Members

Mark, who goes by samhill here, and samhillband on youtube, has always had my favorite tone (and GREAT chops) out of the HC forumites I've really sat and listened to.

I get jealous and secretly rage when I listen to him and his videos (which I do frequently as a reference :lol:)

He also JUST got an Axe-FX that he's been posting with recently. His OD100 is tits too.

WHEE CLIPS: I love how bored he looks here too ;) Oh, and the first one he says feels like the tone is 'pretty rough' :lol:

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

This is at bedroom volume
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

OD100 SE+
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

lots of great rock and metal tones around.. i'm gonna vote chris_d, because honestly... i dunno too many people even in the same book as what i consider great, quirky tone, never mind on the same page!

always appreciated weathered's tones as well-- kinda approximating my tastes as well.

also-- who's the guy with the tele and the naylor? that thing sounds GREAT.

• Members

[YOUTUBE]llSoo0N3IVM&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Facapella%2Eharmony%2Dcentral%2Ecom%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D2345088%26highlight%3Ddeliverance%2Bvideo&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Finally found the deliv video :love:

• Members

Where are they playing? I might just do that! Where are they playing? Bath Bar?

Beauty Bar...not sure when they go on. "9pm," which means "10pm," so, yeah. I'll be there, drinking irresponsibly, much to the chagrin of all the fine print in those alcohol ads.

Archived