Just counted. NINE out of 35 threads on the HCAF 1st page are actually about amps

BlackHive

• Members

a cesspool of nonsense crap posts about whining about girls, gun threads, funny pictures, bragging about drinking, trying to give each other hardons by posting photos of half naked women, fighting, joke parody posts, etc. Get it together. This once-useful forum is being trashed with a
vast majority
of off-topic, meaningless junk. It's not even remotely the occasional joke post like it once was. Bunch of morons.

Here's a handy link for anyone who's still somehow too confused about how to use an Internet site like an intelligent person:
. Keep it there.

oh no no no sweety, its been a cess pool since this

• Members

Part of the reason the forum seems the way it does is not only because of what members have joined over the last 5 years but also because of who decided to stop posting, whether just getting busy with life or wanting to post at another forum.

I can understand why some would leave when there's an alternative that seems better at the time, but if more posters were around who wanted to always talk about gear then there would be a constant higher ratio of gear-related threads. I'm cool with how things are but should obviously cut down on posting. :D

• Members

Did you ever think that maybe none of the 40 people that were on the board at that time had an answer. They didn't bother entering the thread because it would have been a waste of their time, and yours.

Don't be bitter man. I'm glad you got your answer. Persistence paid off. Although I'm sure that in time, someone would have answered your question on this board.

I've had may threads drop to the bottom, but I don't get butthurt about it, I just bump it or find the info other places. Like you did (without the butthurtedness)

Who said anything(besides you) about being butthurt? And BTW that term "butthurt" is the prime example of the douchebag mentality that presides on this forum. I think the example of sample size shows the percentage of people who want to talk about gear and the percentage who want to talk about off-topic {censored}. That's what this place has been about for some time now. I'll get something useful here and there but for the most part it's become Open Jam..

• Members

Also...it's {censored}ing summer. This happens every year on every forum. School is out, so the barbarians are loose behind the china shop gates. Or something. I wasn't paying very close attention. There might also be something about drinking more than a horse and having genitals like a skunk.

In any event, every summer "Oh. Em. Gee. This place is a pit!" Then they all come crawling back around September.

• Members

Also...it's {censored}ing summer. This happens every year on every forum. School is out, so the barbarians are loose behind the china shop gates. Or something. I wasn't paying very close attention. There might also be something about drinking more than a horse and having genitals like a skunk.

In any event, every summer "Oh. Em. Gee. This place is a pit!" Then they all come crawling back around September.

That sounds about right.

I understand the OP, but there's still alot of good people here,

Chuck Nutz

Erock503

Bob Savage

Sinnerx96

ChrisJD

K-Bizzle

mattacaster

• Members

Yeah OK. Well what amp-related subject do you want to talk about then? I know you like your Electrics, Matamps, Oranges, etc, and you love Sunn O))) and Boris and associated sludgy drone doom bands and tones. You have a camo ESP Viper and some other guitars.

Just pulled that from memory. So, what do ya wanna discuss?

And let me be the first to say,

cool_story_bro.jpg

• Members

We can only have so many "What twin sounding amp can I buy, that isn't a twin," or "Recto or 5150" threads.

If I see one more "Which 5W amp is best because I live in an apartment with cranky neighbors" thread I'm going to puke. PUKE I tell you.

• Members

That's only 25% of the posts on the board. Place is now a cesspool of nonsense crap posts about whining about girls, gun threads, funny pictures, bragging about drinking, trying to give each other hardons by posting photos of half naked women, fighting, joke parody posts, etc.

That's why it's so much fun to lurk around here. Amps only = boring as hell

• Members

Amps wouldn't be as fun.

For instance there was a post I saw last night that I laughed for like 3 hours at. I went to bed still laughing. The post was about me but someone got me good. It wasn't the normal. :lol:

• Members

That's only 25% of the posts on the board. Place is now a cesspool of nonsense crap posts about whining about girls, gun threads, funny pictures, bragging about drinking, trying to give each other hardons by posting photos of half naked women, fighting, joke parody posts, etc. Get it together. This once-useful forum is being trashed with a
vast majority
of off-topic, meaningless junk. It's not even remotely the occasional joke post like it once was. Bunch of morons.

dude, you're perfectly right! This site is cool if you wanna see some funny vids, but don't think you'll find useful information about amps here.

although I should perhaps say "your teh failorz1!!1:cop::poke::poke::facepalm:" to fit into the group of usual HCAF posters.

• Members

dude, you're perfectly right! This site is cool if you wanna see some funny vids, but don't think you'll find useful information about amps here.

although I should perhaps say "your teh failorz1!!1:cop::poke::poke::facepalm:" to fit into the group of usual HCAF posters.

Theres still useful information about amps when someone asks. You get perspectives from all kinds of people. Although some things are looked at too hard and over exaggerated.

Archived