New gun day!!!! Smith and Wesson and backup weapon

jlc1587

• Members
Nice! Wait a minute, are Rugers made in Prescott? Cool.

My next handgun will be a Smith & Wesson .357 Revolver. I've been shying away from automatics and going towards revolvers these days. Fun to shoot double or single action. Great fun.
:cool:

I've carried an airweight, hammerless smith and wesson 642 for close to a decade. I've never drawn it other than at the range. I am very glad that I've never drawn it in self defense.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry to offend anyone but The U.S. sounds like a pretty {censored}ed up place if you need to carry a gun.

It's weird...

Like I was saying in the other thread...

There are times I carry and it usually has to do with where I know I'll be going. If I'm going to be out in the Applegate valley or Illinois Valley I'm always packing. Period. Lots of hopped up billy-bobs with guns out there who are cooking meth or growing pot. Same with if I have to go out to White City at night (where the drive-by was the other night) but most of the time I don't worry about it.

• Members

:freak:
Wow man.

Just {censored}ing wow.

It was half way a joke. small town cop thing... You wouldn't get it.

Usually I'm more nervous than excited but there have been a few exciting things.

I mean I seriously wish I could have been there though. I just love it I guess.

• Members

So Aussie people don't get murdered?

Yeah we have deaths here but most murders are done from behind the wheel of a car. I live a relatively sheltered life where hand guns are almost extinct and any type of gun is extreemly hard to obtain. We here don't feel the need to carry them or feel we have a right to carry them. But from what I gather if everyone else has a gun I guess you would need one too, to be on a level playing field.

It's a sad situation for you from where I stand.

• Members

Yeah we have deaths here but most murders are done from behind the wheel of a car. I live a relatively sheltered life where hand guns are almost extinct and any type of gun is extreemly hard to obtain. We here don't feel the need to carry them or feel we have a right to carry them. But from what I gather if everyone else has a gun I guess you would need one too, to be on a level playing field.

It's a sad situation for you from where I stand.

Personally, I don't mind it here a bit. I've lived all over the world and I feel totally safe living here despite the issues we have. You just have to have a bit more situational awareness.

Remember too that the US is quite a different beast than many other places. You guys have roughly the same land mass we do if I remember correctly but you have roughly the population of the New York metro area.

Different culture, different problems. We have a 3rd world nation on our southern border that is basically run by the drug cartels at this point. I'm talking pitched battles in the streets of the towns on and just over the border. I'm on the I-5 corridor so lots of our violent crime falls into two categories. 1) Local knuckleheads who commit crimes of passion/idiocy 2) Thugs and Gangbangers from Mexico smuggling/dealing Meth from Mexico.

Both are problems but where the former used to be a bigger issue, the latter is becoming much more of an issue now.

Ironically, we get people who live on Islands telling us that banning guns would fix all the problems... :facepalm:

• Members

Usually I'm more nervous than excited but there have been a few exciting things.

Oh I get it just fine.

My instinct tells me you are exactly the type of person that SHOULD NOT be carrying a gun, let alone in law enforcement.

You must be the Henry Kaiser of the law enforcement world.

I'm finished with this thread, lest I lose faith in humanity altogether with the thought of calling the police for assistance and having someone like you show up. :facepalm:

• Members
Personally, I don't mind it here a bit. I've lived all over the world and I feel totally safe living here despite the issues we have. You just have to have a bit more situational awareness.

Remember too that the US is quite a different beast than many other places. You guys have roughly the same land mass we do if I remember correctly but you have roughly the population of the New York metro area.

Different culture, different problems. We have a 3rd world nation on our southern border that is basically run by the drug cartels at this point. I'm talking pitched battles in the streets of the towns on and just over the border. I'm on the I-5 corridor so lots of our violent crime falls into two categories. 1) Local knuckleheads who commit crimes of passion/idiocy 2) Thugs and Gangbangers from Mexico smuggling/dealing Meth from Mexico.

Both are problems but where the former used to be a bigger issue, the latter is becoming much more of an issue now.

Ironically, we get people who live on Islands telling us that banning guns would fix all the problems...
:facepalm:

+1

If you live anywhere in the Southwestern United States, in major metropolitan areas, or adjacent to major shipping/agricultural hubs, there are certain areas within those areas that are generally unsafe due to the illegal activity that goes on there.

And remember the slogan 'If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns'

:idk:

Oh, and one more thing:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

• Members

On the why do you have guns bit.

Most of the world doesnt not understand it. But good for us

America want it because its part of there ideals, each to there own.

My wife loves the states but could never live there because she does not feel safe, A lot of Americans fell safe if they have a gun.

As I said each to their own.

• Members

jlc is a cop guys he's supposed to have a gun.

At least you're being honest as well about being excited when you might get to shoot someone, I'd be the same, especially if I'm not going to get done for it and I even get paid! - FTW

As it stands though I'm terrified of being anywhere near guns being that I'm from England.

jlc - you should get something sick like the guy form police academy with the chrome handcannon, I don't think you'd need a backup then!

What stuff do you carry around that isn't police issue?

• Members

Do you work in one of those towns that when you get pulled over for running a stop sign, four patrol cars roll up with guns drawn, and officers screaming and yelling at an otherwise harmless citizen?:lol:

• Members

Sorry to offend anyone but The U.S. sounds like a pretty {censored}ed up place if you need to carry a gun.

The US is in the middle between Iceland and South Africa. It's not a peaceful utopia but it isn't "RUN FOR YOUR LIFE WE'RE ALL DEAD AHHH". Violence happens here... like where I live, unintelligent pieces of trash who couldn't even complete basic schooling and lack the brain power to get a decent job feel that an appropriate way to make cash is to cruise into affluent neighborhoods at night and look for people who look like they have money and then pull a gun or knife on them and demand they simply give it to them... because I guess they feel they feel they somehow deserve it because they're big and scary. That's why this state is a shall-issue state for concealed carry of handguns. If you submit the paperwork requesting a permit to carry a gun, they do a background check and they have to issue you the permit if they don't find any criminal history or other reason they shouldn't give you one. They just know if someone walks toward you saying "yo GIVE me all your money!" and you reach into your pocket and pull out a gun instead of a $20 bill, they're going to run away like the cowards they are and possibly rethink putting their life on the line again in the future to try and steal a few bucks from someone on the street.

• Members

How does the 135 grain shot compared to a 180 grain? I've always shot 180 grain, or 165 grain.

i usually go with 165 as well but I keep the 135s for when I carry. More punch and less chance of over-penetration.

My favorite are the 165-grain Corbon but they are pricey. The Doubletap are great though.

• Members

foreigners commenting on guns
:facepalm:

Lots of other places have much more liberal gun laws than we do. They get along fine because they don't declare war on their own citizens for using drugs and they send people to school and expect them to actually learn.

Having the population of Los Angeles and the surrounding counties doesn't hurt either.

• Members
Lots of other places have much more liberal gun laws than we do. They get along fine because they don't declare war on their own citizens for using drugs and they send people to school and expect them to actually learn.

Having the population of Los Angeles and the surrounding counties doesn't hurt either.

My XDM isn't even legal in CA :freak:

high-capacity mag :blah:

• Members

My XDM isn't even legal in CA
:freak:

high-capacity mag
:blah:

California has a bunch of retards running the show. I was talking about several European countries that have fairly liberal gun laws and seem to function just fine, but then they don't have Mexico next door.

Archived