Anyone waiting on the new Peavey 6505 1x12?

Peekaboo Fuzzy

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm seriously thinking about pre-ordering one today from MF. They are having one of their sales where the more you spend, the bigger the discount.

I think, could be wrong though, that the price of the 6505 112 will get you a 15% discount.

• Members

better not be. i don't think they would do something so stupid like that.

well, i hope not haha. I think thats one of the things that makes the 212 combo shine.

what worries me, though, is that they really hype the closed back on the 212 in the description on the site, and they dont do that for the 112. although, in the picture, you can see a definite panel between the head section and the speaker behind the grill cloth, so it could definitely be closed.

• Members

I thought everyone hated the sheffield speakers anyway and the consensus was that 6505 cabs sound like crap? Why the fuss about open or closed back? Wont most people use this to drive a separate cab anyway?

I wouldnt....I would be using it as a combo. Having that amp in a more portable rig will be very nice. The sheffields arent bad, but people give them a lot of {censored}. They are clones of a celestion (I always forget which one). They are not the best speakers for this amp, but they arent bad speakers at all.

I think an opened back with this amp would neuter it a bit as well.

Archived