OT: Gas Station Ambush :freak:

mcr23

• Members

That's a good point about the prius. I don't think I would ever like to be in an accident with one. I mean why would you want to bring in the added element of danger with battery acid?

On top of that, a diesel focus slays the prius in fuel economy!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Your sti will still get like 15-17...even if you drive like a total jackass.

Just wait until you do a downpipe and get a tune. Wanna talk about environmental friendly? Im running catless on my wrx
:lol:

yeah a simply map, downpipe, and ram-air-style intake and you can gain 90 Toques at the wheel. :lol:

• Members

That's actually not true. I've read the report, and to get the numbers that they used to justify the statement, they claim that a Prius has a useful lifetime of 50,000 miles, but a Hummer has a useful lifetime of 300,000 miles.

It's possibly the most ridiculously slanted piece or "research" I've ever read.

True, but the point being that a Prius isn't the "end-all, be-all" solution. Those batteries take a lot to produce, and are expected to only last about 100,000 miles.

• Members
yeah a simply map, downpipe, and ram-air-style intake and you can gain 90 Toques at the wheel.
:lol:

Intake does nothing but sound good. Wrx/Sti have a stock cold air setup. You can expect more in the range of 50 whp with a downpipe and a Protune, not OTS.

I'm on another forum for car enthusiats....but I'd stay away unless you want another expensive hobby and to lose your warranty:thu:

• Members

Intake does nothing but sound good. Wrx/Sti have a stock cold air setup. You can expect more in the range of 50 whp with a downpipe and a Protune, not OTS.

I'm on another forum for car enthusiats....but I'd stay away unless you want another expensive hobby and to lose your warranty:thu:

went to a tuning shop and they said that for 2K they could safely map it for 18-20lbs boost with a custom downpipe and gain 90 torques at the wheel.

they dynoed one with the add-ons there

• Members

went to a tuning shop and they said that for 2K they could safely map it for 18-20lbs boost with a custom downpipe and gain 90 torques at the wheel.

they dynoed one with the add-ons there

It is possible...obviously depending on how the Dyno reads. The new STi's are tuned VERY conservatively from the factory and there is a lot of room for more HP and especially TQ. You would probably gain something like 60-70 whp and 90 wtq. But remember that you are giving up your warranty for that.

My wrx has a 3" TBE. Im on an OTS map, and I'll gain A LOT by getting a protune. I cant wait to get it tuned...just debating if I should wait until after the snowy winter that is on its way. Sleeper wagon ftw.

• Members
It is possible...obviously depending on how the Dyno reads. The new STi's are tuned VERY conservatively from the factory and there is a lot of room for more HP and especially TQ. You would probably gain something like 60-70 whp and 90 wtq. But remember that you are giving up your warranty for that.

My wrx has a 3" TBE. Im on an OTS map, and I'll gain A LOT by getting a protune. I cant wait to get it tuned...just debating if I should wait until after the snowy winter that is on its way. Sleeper wagon ftw.

Yeah, I got the extended warranty too :facepalm:

FML

• Members

Oh, and 2k?!? {censored} THAT.

A downpipe can be had used on a forum for $200, or brand new for $400. A tune should only be about $200 an hour and take no more than 2 hours. That's $600-$800. Add another $200 if you really want an intake.

$2k could get you a nice big turbo upgrade and have you putting down almost 25lbs...with the tune and DP.

• Members

Oh, and 2k?!? {censored} THAT.

A downpipe can be had used on a forum for $200, or brand new for $400. A tune should only be about $200 an hour and take no more than 2 hours. That's $600-$800. Add another $200 if you really want an intake.

$2k could get you a nice big turbo upgrade and have you putting down almost 25lbs...with the tune and DP.

I can't see 25lbs being evey-day safe. Wouldn't that blow the stock heads?

• Members

nd their dyno machine could be tweaked to look better then it really is result wise.

+1

I wouldn't trust someone who wants you to pay 2k for an air filter and a 30" pipe with an hour of tuning time. I'm getting open source tuned soon, and its going to be a flat $250.

• Members

Nope. STi's are built to handle it. I wouldn't do it, but just saying what $2k would get you. You could run 22-25 no problem. My friends Evo ran 29 lbs. on stock setup daily. That thing SLAMMED you.

Yeah, this place was adjusting it for 18-20 psi

Archived