Transplant :facepalm:

isvoid

• Members

I'm not saying it's smart to give out cancerous lungs... but I am sure many people are saved by receiving organs from smokers. It's not like there are thousands of extra healthy lungs getting thrown out with the trash each morning. I would rather take my chances with a smokers lung than just die, but hey thats just me.

• Members

This is what happens when you let the government control your healthcare, folks! :poke:

this should be good...

• Members

I'm alive today thanks to a donor (liver)...lots of mojo and love to everyone who marks themselves as a donor on their licenses.

In England you have to mark that you do not want to be a donor, or you are automatically one, I wish they would cosider this in the USA.

• Members

While the
:facepalm:
is quite evident in the story above, I'm mostly just blown away by the fact that people still smoke.
:idk:

IB4 the "{censored} you I'll do with my body as I please even if it's stupid" or "I'm invincible, I haz perfect health even tho I smoke" ... type backlash. :o

• Members

While the
:facepalm:
is quite evident in the story above, I'm mostly just blown away by the fact that people still smoke.
:idk:

Its very hard to stop, asshole. But you wouldn't know, you're smarter and better than everyone who smokes. :poke:

No offense meant, I'm just on my first day of quiting. FOR REAL THIS TIME:mad:

• Members

Its very hard to stop, asshole. But you wouldn't know, you're smarter and better than everyone who smokes. :poke:

No offense meant, I'm just on my first day of quiting. FOR REAL THIS TIME:mad:

My mom, stepdad, grandma, grandpa, aunts, uncles and most of my cousins smoked. Everything that I knew as a child, stank of cigarette smoke. My mom just recently quit after smoking since 1969. (Chantix) I can finally go home and show my mom what food is supposed to taste like.

• Members

if they gave you the option of a having a smoker's lungs put in -vs- certain death from your own malfunctioning lungs, which would you choose?

you could get cancerous lungs from a non-smoker, too, if the radiologist doesn't do his job diligently (which is what happened in this case - radiology error).

• Members

LONDON, England (CNN) -- A leading UK hospital has defended its practice of using organs donated by smokers after the death of a soldier who received the cancerous lungs of a heavy smoker ...

This is the kind of thing you bring down on yourself when you troll Harmony Central saying Marshall sucks in every thread.

Outside of that, nobody deserves such treatment.