Bogner Alchemist, what to expect?

guitar_dude45

• Members

I won the auction of a Alchemist Head. Should I be exited or what?

:rolleyes:

Mojo sent.

Mr R Gecko bought one recently after hearing some youtube vids that both he and myself agreed sounded pretty awesome.

I'd say his reaction when he actually got it, was similar to my feelings towards the framus dragon.

• Members

Mojo sent.

Mr R Gecko bought one recently after hearing some youtube vids that both he and myself agreed sounded pretty awesome.

I'd say his reaction when he actually got it, was similar to my feelings towards the framus dragon.

my only hope is that you and i like very different tones!!:thu:

i love the dragon!:cop:

so...nothing positive for this little head?

• Members

Seems like a pretty silly question at this point.

That said, I like the Alchemist as well as the matching cab.

Don't listen to the gecko, he doesn't know how to dial in an amp.
:cop:

:cry:

In the Alchemist's defence, I think I may have gotten a dud but it was awful enough to pretty much put me off them for good. I would like to try another, just not at my expense this time.

And I thought the 10/0/10 system was the best way to dial :idk:

• Members

:cry:

In the Alchemist's defence, I think I may have gotten a dud but it was awful enough to pretty much put me off them for good. I would like to try another, just not at my expense this time.

And I thought the 10/0/10 system was the best way to dial
:idk:

I do believe that you got a dud, based upon your extreme distaste for the amp. It may not be your cup-o-tea, but the one I have certainly wouldn't cause the reaction you had towards the amp.

Next time, try the 9.7/.03/1 system.

• Members

I demoed one on several occasions and i liked the tone! The cleans were quite nice (not sparkly fender nice, but more like a vox but i dug it) - There is a crunch channel on the clean and i dont care for that channel 2 much, kinda harsh not my cup of tea, but the regular clean channem i liked! The OD channel was pretty nice as well. A nice lead tone IMO, theres A lil compression to the tones but not bad. It can give you a nice hard rock to metal like tone IMO.. The effects are ok (not bad, not great) -- BTW i tried a head on a 2x12 (closed back)

The 20/40 switch is a cool option imo, the amp sounds pretty good at talking type levels, one other thing i noticed is the amp is fairly 'responsive' to EQing/turning knobs, spin the knobs and the tone changes

Im not saying its the greatest thing ever (far from it) but i dont think ita NEARLY as bad as some people try to make it sound, it really isnt that bad a sounding amp

:idk:

• Members

Seems like a pretty silly question at this point.

That said, I like the Alchemist as well as the matching cab.

Don't listen to the gecko, he doesn't know how to dial in an amp.
:cop:

I liked it too,,Had to take the eh 12ax7 out of V123 then it rocked,,But traded for a Renegade and kept the 212 cab....:p

• Members

no it doesn't
:lol:
Jerry got rid of the Alchemist within a month and couldn't remember its name

Yeah lol I noticed that too when I saw that vid of him describing his rig. He probably wasn't very impressed with it, I found it odd that he was using it in the first place.

Archived