If you could only have ONE guitar and ONE amp (all versitile) what would you pick?

TheEsupremacy

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Speaking in generalities, I'd say a solid body guitar with a HSS pickup setup and an amp with two 6V6 power tubes like a Fender Deluxe or Deluxe Reverb.

Just the right amount of power for everything I do. Not too heavy or hard to carry. Maybe mic it to a PA for headroom. Maybe a few pedals....

• Members

I have to sell all my gear to pay some medical bills until I get my next settlement check around the end of December/start of January.

Amps I'm selling are-

Framus Cobra Top with Cobra Slant Cab.

Marshall JVM410 with Mills Acoustics EVM Black Labels Loaded Afterburner

Peavey 3120 with Windsor cab.

Peavey 6505 Combo

A few misc. LTD's an Ibby 2228 8 string, and a Dean Dime Shadow ML

This isn't spam because I've already got an offer for all or at least most of it that I needed to sell.

When I start over I want TWO guitars max, no more. and ONE multi-purpose versitile amplifier. I'd say money is no option, but no Dumble or Two Rock options as those arn't realistic.

What would you choose if you were in my shoes and starting from scratch?

XOX Handle, ES-335, Diezel Einstein 50 watt combo.

I only own the Diezel amp and the Handle guitar at present and still play out 2-3 times per week, and I don't miss any other gear.

• Members

I'd have:

Guitar:

A custom tune-o-matic string-through 7-string guitar, with piezo elements in the top 6 strings, attached to both a hexaphonic MIDI system and a Line6 Variax system (switchable). The magnetics would probably be HH bareknuckles with coil tap.

Amp:

I'd run a Muse Receptor Pro 2 with a bunch of guitar plug-ins as well as synth plug-ins, into a set of FRFR PA speakers. The Axe-FX is nice, but I'd want to use actual MIDI synths as well.

How's that for a totally non-cool rig ;)

• Members

NOOO!!! Say it isnt so....your beloved 6505 combo? :cry:

If it were me, I would go Titan, Mills cab loaded with either k100s (or in your case, probably V12's)...for guitars, the paul and strat would cover you, but I have 2 of the 4 guitars I could ever want, the only others would be an old school ltd V, and an ltd alexi blacky.

Archived