Tube Rectifiers = Amp Mojo

mcr23

• Members

I never really felt that using the tube rectifiers on my old Trem-o-verb (amazing amp) really offered any value-added. They just made a already "loose" amp looser and mushy in the low end.

With the Sig:X___ it's completely different. I think I'm going to put a label over the "40 Watt" lettering that says "Mojo Boost". I'm not sure if it matters that I have a Phillips NOS tube in there or not but the Rhythm channel, vintage voicing, wood (round, pronounced mids) and tube rectifier brings the classic rock/bluesy toooans. :love::idea:

/CSB :wave:

• Members

I'm willing to bet your anal virginity that my OR50 has moar moajoaz and toanez with its ss rectifier than your Sig-X.

The problem is, that your Sig-X is so inherently mojo-less, that flicking that one switch happens to give it a glimmer of mojoez.

Therefore leading you to believe that it is actually the tube rectifier granting some moejoez, but really, it's just that your map had no real mojoez in the first place.

And I'm being deadly serious.

• Members
I'm willing to bet your anal virginity that my OR50 has moar moajoaz and toanez with its ss rectifier than your Sig-X.

The problem is, that your Sig-X is so inherently mojo-less, that flicking that one switch happens to give it a glimmer of mojoez.

Therefore leading you to believe that it is actually the tube rectifier granting some moejoez, but really, it's just that your map had no real mojoez in the first place.

And I'm being deadly serious.

:facepalm::lol:

• Members

Aside from being completely flase, that did bring some Lulz :cop:

See the problem is that not all mojoez are created equal. The Siggy mojoez have more mojo per tone than the orange, therefore, although allegedly having less total mojoez, the value of the smaller number is actually higher on the mojo meter.

Toans are a complicated thing :idk:

• Members

For sure. :thu:

I didn't think the tube rectifiers did the trem-o-verb any justice, except on the blues mode of the red channel. That did sound pretty damn good. For some reason that mode had a big volume jump :confused:

• Members

For sure.
:thu:

I didn't think the tube rectifiers did the trem-o-verb any justice, except on the blues mode of the red channel. That did sound pretty damn good. For some reason that mode had a big volume jump
:confused:

That's my one complaint about the Road King, too. Just too damn big a volume boost between modes. You can still dial it in, but it is kinda odd.

Archived