Mastodon, I JUST DON'T GET IT.

Chrisjd

• Members

I feel compelled to write this, because of how much praise this band gets. It blows my mind.

The singer doesn't really scream, and he doesn't really sing, it's more or an in between thing that even I can do, which isn't saying much.

These are the points I agree with the most. I {censored}ing loath the singing on this {censored}. Half assed mediocrity.

I guarantee you if there wasn't so much {censored} on the vocals you would hear them for what they are: Worthless.

Poor recording engineer had to throw a million effects on the vocal tracks just to get them to something that isn't complete garbage.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
These are the points I agree with the most. I {censored}ing loath the singing on this {censored}. Half assed mediocrity.

I guarantee you if there wasn't so much {censored} on the vocals you would hear them for what they are: Worthless.

Poor recording engineer had to throw a million effects on the vocal tracks just to get them to something that isn't complete garbage.

:lol::thu:

• Members
i like them, but i think they suck live.

i've seen them a few times, and seen alot of videos online.

it always sounds like they are struggling to get through every song.

like they are exauhsted or
drunk or something.

Let me help you with that :lol:

Not directed towards you Jim, but it's rock and roll, if I was that pressed I'd just pop the CD in the player and have them play along. I like how they twist and distort their songs live, but I can see how some wouldn't be into it.

I will say this, when Remission came out everyone and every band was riding the taints of Dillinger Escape Plan and the likes, they turned a {censored} ton of people heads upside down

• Members
Let me help you with that
:lol:

Not directed towards you Jim, but it's rock and roll, if I was that pressed I'd just pop the CD in the player and have them play along. I like how they twist and distort their songs live, but I can see how some wouldn't be into it.

but they don't really twist and distort their songs, they play them sloppy!

• Members

I really like Brent and Branns vocals, I can't stand Troys singing though. When he used to scream, I liked it. Now he tries to do this demented sounding singing and it sounds so cheesy to me.

Troy is the only one that can sing somewhat in tune live however...

• Members
I agree with you 100%.

I also feel this way about Gojira.

I saw Gojira live, while the do have a little bit of a CHESTPUFFZ TM VIBE i thought they were pretty good ...the kinda took what little good there is from a band like morbid angel and made it cool

as for mastodon.....they must be doing something right I just cant figure out what it is :lol:
same as Gaypeth

• Members

I hear they sound like absolute junk live. Should I even bother seeing them on this upcoming tour with Dethklok?

where the {censored} did you hear that?!?! i've seen them 4 or 5 times now and they've always been killer live.

best time i saw them was the first time, while they were touring remission. they played a few songs off of the (then) upcoming Leviathan including Hearts Alive. It was totally savage in every sense of the word. Brann was ON FIRE that night. as spastic and crazy as he was on Remission, seriously DOUBLE that. NUTS AND BUTTS!

Archived