your favorite les pauls that aren't gibsons?

blargh

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The two that seem to get the most consistent praise are Edwards and Tokai. I've never played either but I've never really played a Les Paul that I like anyway :o

I did play one of nitrous2400's Eclipses (I think that's what it was) and that was pretty cool. But the necks on those I think are quite different from LPs, and of course different headstock/24 frets/etc.

• Members

or, which companies are actually consistent with their craftsmanship and don't have outrageous pricing?

Depends on if you are wanting just Les Paul shape or are you wanting Les Paul tone and playability?

Shape wise you have several choices but tonewise and playing/feel wise there really isn't any that can do what the Gibson Les Pauls can do. Some are close but a good Gibson Les Paul has something tonewise and play/feel wise all it's own IMO.

• Members

navigator

too bad they cost even more than gibson custom shop and are only available in japan.
:cop:

You can find used Navigators on Ebay fairly often for pretty cheap prices. They don't hold their value very well. I personally would rather have a used Gibson LP over a Navigator. I actually played a used one at a local store, of all places, a few years ago. It was a nice guitar but didn't WOW me at all.

Archived