Valvetech Hayseed 30

Symmetry2170

• Members

I own one, and play one. I didn't get the reverb, as I never use the stuff. It sounds way more like an AC30 than a Vox custom classic and is made way better. Rob is an excellent guy to deal with, and will give you what you want. I suggest getting the EF86 channel, as it is the sweetest of the two.

• Members

I own one, and play one. I didn't get the reverb, as I never use the stuff. It sounds way more like an AC30 than a Vox custom classic and is made way better. Rob is an excellent guy to deal with, and will give you what you want. I suggest getting the EF86 channel, as it is the sweetest of the two.

I use reverb a decent bit and am finding myself using it more and more so I think it will be a good idea to get it. However, I hear a lot of arguments that using a reverb pedal is going to act like any other effect, simply because it is a pedal. Whereas the amps built in reverb will be different. I can't see the difference. Maybe because it's 1 am. haha

• Members

Sorry, I've not owned any of Rob's Vox derivatives. I've sat directly in the beam of a Hayseed 15 once in a small basement and it damn near tore my head off.

It definitely has tone and seems to be built way better than any Vox out on the market right now.

Customizable grille and tolex options? C'mon, it doesn't get any cooler than that, haha.

• Members

Unless I'm not remembering correctly, aren't your choices either the EF86 channel -OR- reverb? Or can you do both? For some reason I was thinking they were mutually exclusive.

I've never played the Hayseed, but I'm on my second VAC combo and would highly recommend Rob's work. I'd like to get one of the higher powered VAC heads at some point.

• Members

Unless I'm not remembering correctly, aren't your choices either the EF86 channel
-OR-
reverb? Or can you do both? For some reason I was thinking they were mutually exclusive.

I've never played the Hayseed, but I'm on my second VAC combo and would highly recommend Rob's work. I'd like to get one of the higher powered VAC heads at some point.

I don't recall him saying that, only that he no longer offers the tremelo. If I had to choose one, I would say to definitely choose the EF86 channel over the reverb. The EF86 is not something you can replicate through pedal or otherwise, unless you want to use modeling, but then that defeats the purpose of getting a valvetech.

• Members

This is straight from the Valvetech site:

"Options include tube reverb, non buffered effects loop (line level ONLY) EF 86 preamp (non reverb amps only) and global tube tremelo."

I don't think he's updated the site in a while, but you're probably right about the ef86 reverb choice. He told me on the phone that he stopped doing the tremelo.

• Members

This thread is helping. I may just get a reverb pedal in the end if I can't get the ef86 and reverb in the amp.

can anyone tell me how long it takes to get the amp in your hands after placing your order?

Took me almost six months exactly. Once he started building it, I had it that very week.

• Members

It's worth it. The amps only drawback. You only have to pay a small deposit, and you don't have to pay until he's ready to work on it. Just bide your time doing something else.

The website says the lead time is 4 weeks. Does that mean build time?

I wouldn't mind so much if i had another amp to last me a few months until the hayseed came in, but after I sell my roadster I won't have anything at all.

• Members

The website says the lead time is 4 weeks. Does that mean build time?

I wouldn't mind so much if i had another amp to last me a few months until the hayseed came in, but after I sell my roadster I won't have anything at all.

I think that's for the VAC, the hayseed is longer. Unless he's kicked his ass in gear.

• Members

I think that's for the VAC, the hayseed is longer. Unless he's kicked his ass in gear.

I got an e-mail reply from Rob this morning, said it takes about 4 weeks once the guitar is up on the schedule to be built but he's waiting on an order of transformers to come in so it will be a while on those.

I specifically said I was interested in the Hayseed, too.

Archived