Are purple LEDs lame or not?

Duesentrieb

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hi Toni, how are you?

Thanks, yeah, I'm still building, not as much and fast as I would like to, but still . . . Martin distributes all the parts now via a website called "Musikding" - and Klaus, the operator, is so nice to sell me chassis and the OT, which is a "new" one compared to early A15 versions with more headroom and bigger frequ. response.

Here's my next build btw - 50 Watts.

lyxus1.jpg

and I'm currently finishing a three channel preamp with loop:

btmkiiprefront.JPG

Just had a listen - sounds great - I like the singing quality of this one very much. And your new 50watter should be pretty darn good too, if I know you. Great that you've got that deal with Klaus.

Talking of OTs, I have a Mojotone 5E3 OT waiting to go in the A15, but it's one of those jobs I just never get round to. Just popped an Eminence Cannabis Rex in mine, and really like the way it's taken the sting out of the top end. Maybe not your preference in tone though.

I'm still building a little, but not in your league. I've an experimental model im progress ATM with cascode first stage and parallel second stage (both 12AT7s) into a Baxandall TS. I screwed up the TS somewhere along the line and it's bipassed right now, and while the amp sounds interesting and fairly compressed, it's not ready for public use yet.

Take care.

• Members

Good to see you around here again Olaf. I'll listen later, but I remember the clips you posted of your first amp. Man it sounded killer. Can't wait to here what a couple years of practice/experimenting have yielded. ;)

Archived