Ordered a Valvetech today!

Symmetry2170

• Members

I placed my order for a Hayseed 30 2x12 combo from Rob at Valvetech today. So excited for this. I ordered over the phone and he was super nice and it turns out he has family from where I'm from so that's cool, haha. I got the EF86 option, red tolex and pepper grille with weber alnico blues. he said it should ship around the first week of january.

• Members
Picture.jpg

I was hoping you'd jump into the conversation, PurpleStain.

I am ampless at the moment, but I think for Christmas my parents are getting me a recording interface, so I'll make do with GarageBand until the amp gets here. My tele should be in sometime this week or next. You guys can totally empathize with my excitement. Now if only this semester of school could be over with already.

• Members

i just played one in austin-- liked it a lot with the guitar i tried it with. would have LOVED to give it a go with my own instruments.. but that's some refined goodness you've got coming-- congrats!

That's great. This is one of very few times I've purchased something without playing it first, especially an amp. But, I love what I've heard and seen of these things and really want a Vox clone and this one was it.

• Members

Rob was an absolute pleasure to speak with on the phone. He returned my call promptly and was professional yet laid back about it all. We joked and had a pretty good conversation. A great buying experience that I definitely wouldn't have gotten at GC, MF, or Sam Ash. My local store is probably the only other place I can get a friendly deal with good people.

• Members

I was hoping you'd jump into the conversation, PurpleStain.

I am ampless at the moment, but I think for Christmas my parents are getting me a recording interface, so I'll make do with GarageBand until the amp gets here. My tele should be in sometime this week or next. You guys can totally empathize with my excitement. Now if only this semester of school could be over with already.

You'll be extremely happy with the amplifier

• 1 month later...
  • Members

You'll be extremely happy with the amplifier

Don't mean to be a pain and dig up the thread, but I called Rob and made a change to my order. I decided I want to go with top mounted controls and the 3 handle option. I really dig that look so I decided on that instead of front facing controls. I figure either way you're going to have to hover over or bend down to change the controls if you want to anyway, so what's the difference? Plus, it being a 2x12 combo, I think the 2 extra handles on the sides will be helpful.

Any thoughts or opinions on the changes I made the amp?

• Members

Don't mean to be a pain and dig up the thread, but I called Rob and made a change to my order. I decided I want to go with top mounted controls and the 3 handle option. I really dig that look so I decided on that instead of front facing controls. I figure either way you're going to have to hover over or bend down to change the controls if you want to anyway, so what's the difference? Plus, it being a 2x12 combo, I think the 2 extra handles on the sides will be helpful.

Any thoughts or opinions on the changes I made the amp?

Those are changes I would have went with as well. I actually tried to get top mounted controls on my head, but he doesn't offer that option. I dig the clean look of an amp up front with the controls not in view. And those extra handles will be great, as I'm sure it is going to be heavy. He uses pretty heavy duty parts.

• Members

Those are changes I would have went with as well. I actually tried to get top mounted controls on my head, but he doesn't offer that option. I dig the clean look of an amp up front with the controls not in view. And those extra handles will be great, as I'm sure it is going to be heavy. He uses pretty heavy duty parts.

Thanks, man. I was looking for some validation haha. I'm glad to hear he uses heavy duty parts.

• Members
oh lordy what a beauty

alnico speakers, ef86, and red tolex

:love:

i demand lots of photos and sound clips when it arrives

edit:
and you're getting a tele too??? this is going to be tone heaven, you better let us in on the party

Rob said it will take longer now that I changed it, so I will most likely be back at school, but when it arrives I'll make the 2 hour drive home to get it haha. I will definitely have tons of clips and videos and photos up on here in this thread as soon as I get 10 minutes away from playing through it haha.

Yep, I got my tele back in november a few days before thanksgiving. It's a beaut, so comfortable to play and a really inspiring instrument.

Archived