Bogner freaks in here...

frtbzz

• Members

This is my dilema....Ecstasy 101B or Elmwood Modena 60. Which one? Damn. If I was able to try them side by side it would make things easier. Heard fantastic things about the Bogner but never tried one.:confused: Then the clips of the M60 is making me sick with gas also....I'm {censored}ed! Help!

• Members

My vote goes to the Elmo, but I am biased cause I own one and it is {censored}ING. AMAZING. I find the Elmo to be more suited to heavier styles of music though. I find it's milkshake thick, kind of a refined Recto sounding amp with alot more interactivity and nuance. Alot of people are going to say Bogner, but I'd pick the Elmo anyday.

What type of music are you going to be making?

• Members

My vote goes to the Elmo, but I am biased cause I own one and it is {censored}ING. AMAZING. I find the Elmo to be more suited to heavier styles of music though. I find it's milkshake thick, kind of a refined Recto sounding amp with alot more interactivity and nuance. Alot of people are going to say Bogner, but I'd pick the Elmo anyday.

What type of music are you going to be making?

Hey vice, how much did you pay for M60?

• Members

Hey vice, how much did you pay for M60?

If you're playing classic rock, I'd say go for the Bogner. It's a little more versatile and is more suited for rock applications. The Elmo, like I said before , is more of a refined Recto tone. You don't see many bands playing classic rock with a Recto.

And to answer your question, I paid roughly 2400 CAD with the shipping and brokerage fees. Killer deal in my mind.

• Members

I'd probably say Bogner, as well, though if you have the Marshall in your avatar I'd more recommend checking out a variety of other boosts instead if you're looking for a bit different gain tone and maybe adding in a silverfaced Fender for cleans if you don't just roll down the volume for them. But I'm also $-conscious. :D

• Members

Got a chance to try a 101b few days ago and as soon as I plugged in I new I was walking away with this amp....blue channel is huge sounding and was really surprised with the plexi mode as it cops a great old school ac/dc vibe. Red channel is over the top imo and I might have it modded to pre-2004 specs as I don't need that much gain. The best amp I've ever played hands down.

I also have a carvin legacy as it was supposed to be a poor mans bogner....not even close! 101b is more aggressive, complex sounding and full of harmonics.

If you want versatility you can't beat a 101b. But never tried an Elmwood so can't compare the two.

Archived