The Best Melodic Death Metal Album EVAR.

Chrisjd

• Members

While I do think that album has some great songs, overall I have to agree. It's incredibly repetitive, the drumming is very unimaginative and they aren't really introducing anything new that we hadn't seen on Terminal Spirit Disease... more, I suppose you could say, just streamlining it and packaging it in its most pure form. While it has moments of greatness, respectable guitar tone, good performances, and overall good songwriting, it is I think, vastly overrated.

I prefer TSD a lot more over sots. better structure and melodies...

the whole repetition straight the to point structure was the goal of the album so...

still sots has some great thrashy melo death. Also it is the first release where they really write their own way without Alf.

over rated it is not, it isnt even well known...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

NAW, SON NAW

HOW DID YOU {censored} UP AND POST WINTERSUN BUT NOT POST BEAUTIFUL DEATH? WHAT WAS THE POINT OF BRINGING UP WINTERSUN, SON?

AND HOW DID YOU {censored} UP AND NOT POST CRIMSON TWO SON? CRIMSON TWO IS LIKE 50 TIMES BETTER BECAUSE IT HAS THAT DUDE FROM MERCYFUL FATE.

• Members

over rated it is not, it isnt even well known...

I dunno; I don't know a single person I would consider a metalhead who hasn't at least heard of SOTS, much less anyone who listens to melodic death metal. Sure compared to say The Black Album it's not well known, but by the standards of underground metal it's pretty much as mainstream as you can get.

• Members
I dunno; I don't know a single person I would consider a metalhead who hasn't at least heard of SOTS, much less anyone who listens to melodic death metal. Sure compared to say The Black Album it's not well known, but by the standards of underground metal it's pretty much as mainstream as you can get.

Most metalheads are just fed by the radio.:cop: And most I know have no clue what SOTS is. Alas.

• Members

All my metalhead friends knew it ten years ago, and I couldn't imagine someone into metal not knowing it now considering its influence over the past decade. The two times I've played Rock Band, I've sung Blinded By Fear. :lol:

I still like it, but to be fair, it's one of the few things from the genre I still listen to, as I don't listen to much metal at all these days. So don't mind me. :wave:

• Members

My point is that that music is not "Death Metal" period, call it something else...

This is seriously some of the dumbest {censored} I've ever {censored}ing read on this board.

Holy. {censored}ing. GOD.

Seriously, if that's your rationale for why it shouldn't be called what it is, maybe you need to do some research on the roots of the admittedly retarded (for other reasons) nomenclature.

It also seems like you're offended that the sanctity of *ahem* "real" or "traditional" death metal is being tainted by being associated with lesser forms of music. Trust me, it's not exactly a positive spin on anything :lol:

Archived