The Best Melodic Death Metal Album EVAR.

Chrisjd

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you're going to pick a DT album as being the best melodic death metal album, it ought to be The Gallery. That album was excellent and full of unique songs.

The Gallery is IMO the no. 1 melodic death album. The Mind's I, Projector and Haven were all great albums too, but everything since then has been pretty piss poor.

• Members

Hearing this album back in 95-96 was kind of mind blowing. There wasn't really anything like it at the time.

Edit: After this album all their stuff started sounding like the rest of the 'Gothenburg" scene IMO, with the exception of when they started getting softer. The Gallery was much more progressive and varied than the rest of the melodic stuff that was out, not just being an album full of double-time drum beats and stuff.

The Gallery is my pick as well.

• Members

Coming from a huge In Flames fan, I must admit, the best(my favorite) melodic death metal album goes to these guys... I STRONGLY recommend you pick their album up.

Dark Tranquility-Character

I agree with you. However, I think we can all agree that it is a good thing we don't have to pick just one.

• Members
its funny cuz i thought you were asking which the best melodeath cd was

i was comin in to say dark tranquilitys character

great band and amazing cd as well

good call

:thu:

I just think it is an unbelievable album, every song. It's so dark and vast sounding, and really catchy, I love it.

• Members

what do you guys think of the latest dt albums ? personally they do nothing for me, kinda like the path in flames went down but not as bad... Still, I'll see em live every time they come out.

I like Fiction to an extent. About half the songs.

The newer ones I don't fancy as much.

For some reason, Character just blows my mind.

Archived