Thoughts on the new Fear Factory album?

mike moriarty

• Members

This song is pure {censored}ing win

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

This one too

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

I think its a great album, not as good as Demanufacture or Archytype though. Not really digging the songs with the 8 string, sounds too much like Meshugga. It doesnt seem the same without Raymond in the band.

• Members
Whats not to like?

they've been doing the exact same thing for the better part of two decades and at this point it's tired, phoned in, unoriginal, and boring. now it's obviously just a paycheck for these guys. low tuned chugga riffs and shouting verse -> synth and singing chorus -> more shouting, rinse and repeat :bor:

• Members

I think it's a great album. Defenitly decimates Digimortal, Archetype and Transgression. I do think it could've used some more synths and you can tell the difference without Raymond on drums. Don't get me wrong, 'Mean Gene' is a {censored}ing monster and I do like the Tom fills he throws in once in a while, but I think a big part of FF's sound was that almost 'mechanical' style of playing that Raymond has.

• Members

I think it's a great album. Defenitly decimates Digimortal, Archetype and Transgression. I do think it could've used some more synths and you can tell the difference without Raymond on drums. Don't get me wrong, 'Mean Gene' is a {censored}ing monster and I do like the Tom fills he throws in once in a while, but I think a big part of FF's sound was that almost 'mechanical' style of playing that Raymond has.

Agreed, Ray was perfect for them.

Archived