i feel like i'm going to barf out of nervousness

getglockd

• Members

If the future mother in law asked you to ask her for her blessing, doesn't that imply that she's expecting it?

Shouldn't that also mean, that if she's not a deceiving villian, she's probably already ok with it, and you should expect a pleasant response from her when you ask.

Sounds like you don't have much to worry about. Best of luck, and condolences at the same time.

:thu:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's the proper thing to do when you want to marry someone's daughter. You guys have never heard of that? Unless she has zero relationship with her parents, you should always do this unless you don't mind disrespecting her parents.

THIS

Tho based on the stats in the original thread I wonder if he'll get her blessing.

• Members
If the future mother in law asked you to ask her for her blessing, doesn't that imply that she's expecting it?

Shouldn't that also mean, that if she's not a deceiving villian, she's probably already ok with it, and you should expect a pleasant response from her when you ask.

Sounds like you don't have much to worry about. Best of luck, and condolences at the same time.

:thu:

it doesn't change the fact that i'm still nervous as {censored}.

• Members
tonight i'm going to ask the girlfriends mom if i can have her blessing on our marriage

Kudos! It's a classy thing to do. It shows respect. I asked my father-in-law for his permission to marry my wife, even though I knew full well that he would have no problems with it.

• Members

nerves are understandable.

and yes, asking for her blessing is the proper and nice thing to do. (since the father isnt in the picture)

honestly, i'd say take a few shots before you go. It'll ease the nerves and make it easier. But make sure you have a piece of gum or soemthing before, so your breath doesnt smell like alcohol haha.

• Members

tonight i'm going to ask the girlfriends mom if i can have her blessing on our marriage

does the mom like you? are the two of them close?

i didn't ask my wifes mom first.

her dad passed away 3 years earlier, but i know he liked me.

he was a ham radio dork who liked to talk about tubes.

i didn't even tell anyone except my mom, my best friend, and her brother before i did it. its 2010, if shes old enough to make her own decisions, you really don't HAVE to ask them.

its cool if you do though because its very traditional.

i wouldn't sweat it dude, as long as she likes you.

if she doesn't, you gotta step up your game, and really win her over.

• Members

WHY SO NERVOUS?

Lol, seriously. Congratulations. Regardless of what she says, you know you'll still be marrying her. It is the proper thing to do, and I plan on asking BOTH of my girlfriend's parents when the time comes, which I strongly believe will, and soon. I've been with her for 2 years, and I already know I want to marry her, and I'm only 24. Young and stupid? Yes probably, but I love the woman. She has all her ducks in a row. A freak in bed? Check. A good cook? Check. Passionate? Check. Loves my guitar playing? Check. Bitch? Nope.

I'm fully expecting an aftermath thread btw..

Archived