Men's Olympic Hockey Semi-Finals! Whose going for the gold!?

frankiej

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The choices should be Canada/Slovakia vs. Ryan Miller.

Doesn't really matter who else is on the team, so far all the US games I've seen they've been thoroughly outplayed in every aspect but goaltending. Seems like their offence is clicking in this game, though it looks as though Kiprusoff's been giving the game away.

Canada/USA grudge match would be ideal. We'll see how Canada/Slovakia goes tonight, but based on the Russia game it looks as though Canada has finally got some chemistry going and Babcock's figure out the lines. Between that and Luongo, the outcome might be very different than last time...

• Members
The choices should be Canada/Slovakia vs. Ryan Miller.

Doesn't really matter who else is on the team, so far all the US games I've seen they've been thoroughly outplayed in every aspect but goaltending. Seems like their offence is clicking in this game, though it looks as though Kiprusoff's been giving the game away.

Canada/USA grudge match would be ideal. We'll see how Canada/Slovakia goes tonight, but based on the Russia game it looks as though Canada has finally got some chemistry going and Babcock's figure out the lines. Between that and Luongo, the outcome might be very different than last time...

Exactly what I was going to say. :love:

Miller carries the US team so much. Without him, they'd be no better off than any other mediocre, non-Canadian team. :cop:

• Members

so mediocre that they beat your amazing canadian hockey team:poke:

The puck was in the American end the vast majority of the game and we got nearly 50 shots on net while you guys couldn't even manage 25. :poke:

Enter Miller.

• Members
The puck was in the American end the vast majority of the game and we got nearly 50 shots on net while you guys couldn't even manage 25. :poke:

Enter Miller.

Doesn't really matter does it? Isn't the final score the only thing that actually matters in any type of sport? :rolleyes: Jesus, you guys are {censored}ing sore losers :lol: Any more excuses? Might as well get them out of the way now :facepalm:

• Members

If USA fans can't admit Miller is the main reason your still in this tournament then your a bit special. It's not a bad thing at all; he's doing his job after all.

Yes, you guys can score (Parise most notably) but Miller is by far the best player on your team and is solely responsible for your sustained moral in this tournament.

• Members

If USA fans can't admit Miller is the only reason your still in this tournament then your a bit special. It's not a bad thing at all; he's doing his job after all.

Yes, you guys can score (Parise most notably) but Miller is by far the best player on your team and is solely responsible for your sustained moral in this tournament.

Granted, but to switch sports for an analogy here, Michael Jordan was obviously far and away the best player on the Chicago Bulls in the 1990s, and they would never have won six NBA championships without him.

Those other players still have six rings, just as many as Jordan does. Miller might be dominant in the net, but he's got to have teammates to score goals.

• Members
Granted, but to switch sports for an analogy here, Michael Jordan was obviously far and away the best player on the Chicago Bulls in the 1990s, and they would never have won six NBA championships without him.

Those other players still have six rings, just as many as Jordan does. Miller might be dominant in the net, but he's got to have teammates to score goals.

Thanks for proving my point :)

• Members

MY point being that while yes, Miller is kicking all sorts of ass, fact remains that he's a part of the USA hockey TEAM, just as Jordan was a part of the Chicago TEAM. Every team needs a player like that to win anything of merit.

Crosby needs to be that for the Canadians.

• Members

MY point being that while yes, Miller is kicking all sorts of ass, fact remains that he's a part of the USA hockey TEAM, just as Jordan was a part of the Chicago TEAM. Every team needs a player like that to win anything of merit.

Crosby needs to be that for the Canadians.

Crosby is overrated. Miller isn't.

Archived