OT: Anyone else snag FFXIII?

Kerouac

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have other games to catch up on before I pick this up.

no {censored}. i havent bought a game since mw2, but thats because i got a god damn job lol.

i gotta go through all the {censored} i missed in fallout 3 now that i downloaded it and the top 2 dlc's.

• Members
I dunno if any of you feel the same way, but nowadays I almost enjoy the grind in RPGS more than the story.

I haven't picked up FF13 yet but I'm kinda sad to hear a lot of the micromanagement is gone.

It is a bit of a shame, but in terms of battle, it appears to have increased the pace of things a lot.

That said, personally I think I prefer the more traditional turn based style of FF. :idk: Maybe once I get further into the game I'll like it more...

• Members
It is a bit of a shame, but in terms of battle, it appears to have increased the pace of things a lot.

That said, personally I think I prefer the more traditional turn based style of FF.
:idk:
Maybe once I get further into the game I'll like it more...

Yeah, I like choosing each of my character's abilities, but this certainly does keep stuff moving. I actually think I need to turn down the battle speed a bit because it's easy to get distracted.

I just made it to the gate at the edge of the crystal lake... I need sleep or I'd keep playing. :(

• Members

That said, personally I think I prefer the more traditional turn based style of FF.
:idk:
Maybe once I get further into the game I'll like it more...

I think they nailed turn-based with FFX. The way each character had a focus and being able to switch in team members at all times was fun as hell. And the sphere grid was a great levelling system.

FFXII wasnt really my cup of tea, but the combat went quite fast when you were overpowered (Getting the best weapon before even being halfway did help... wasnt easy to get, but damn things went down fast with that one!)

The combat in FFXIII is fun so far, I'm looking forward to seeing it get more complex as you get more roles for your team and more eidolons (I only have one so far)

• Members
I think they nailed turn-based with FFX. The way each character had a focus and being able to switch in team members at all times was fun as hell. And the sphere grid was a great levelling system.

FFXII wasnt really my cup of tea, but the combat went quite fast when you were overpowered (Getting the best weapon before even being halfway did help... wasnt easy to get, but damn things went down fast with that one!)

The combat in FFXIII is fun so far, I'm looking forward to seeing it get more complex as you get more roles for your team and more eidolons (I only have one so far)

I'm guessing the Eidolons will be about as useless as the summons/aeons/whatever in all the other games. :idk: From what I've seen of them so far, I'd rather keep my points free for using Libra on new enemies I come across. :idk:

The battle does seem fun in XIII though. One thing I like about the pace is that it keeps you having to really pay attention to what's going on. Even in easy battles, {censored} can change pretty quick if you're not keeping an eye on things, especially seeing as a lot of the gameplay lately has been in parties of just two.

Archived