OT: Anyone else snag FFXIII?

Kerouac

• Members
I will never understand how people get so butthurt that they have to resort to the "numbers"

One fact remains: if it LOOKS BETTER than it looks better. You could run a ps3 at 8000x4500 and the xbox version would look better because of the framerate.

I can jack the settings on my computer up as high as I want, but if the video card can't handle a high enough frame rate, the game is going to look like {censored}. Just my $.02

FWIW I agree with you that framerate is paramount. I will say that you're the first person to say that the 360 version looks better. I've read a ton of major publication's reviews and they all say to get it for PS3 is possible. :idk:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Also with the lower read speed of Blu-ray It makes sense that the frame rate would be a bit slower. However, I'm not sure if the install would remedy that.
:idk:

That makes no sense actually :cop: Game resources are put into memory during loading. In most games, slower drive speed would mean slower loading, not slower frame rates.

Regardless, swapping discs is for communists, the game console to play this on is obvious.

• Members

FWIW I agree with you that framerate is paramount. I will say that you're the first person to say that the 360 version looks better. I've read a ton of major publication's reviews and they all say to get it for PS3 is possible.
:idk:

Realistically, I haven't played the ps3 version.

I'm more playing devil's advocate in the discussion because the differences are going to be so negligible (IMO) that we're getting caught up in the minutia instead of checking out what is an incredible game.

Also, I really am an xbox fanboy....so yeah, I may have exaggerated a bit, but still. :D

• Members

I'm more playing devil's advocate in the discussion because the differences are going to be so negligible (IMO) that we're getting caught up in the minutia instead of checking out what is an incredible game.

Also, I really am an xbox fanboy....so yeah, I may have exaggerated a bit, but still.
:D

Gee, I couldn't tell at all :lol: You flipped out when someone said it was 576p, and then I just resorted to facts based on what it was designed for and stuff, and I thought you were going to have an aneurysm :lol:

For real though, it doesn't {censored}ing matter what system you buy it on, play the game and enjoy it for what it is...a Final Fantasy title :love: One of my guilty pleasures for sure :lol:

• Members

When it was still PS3 exclusive:

untitled2.jpg

Version we are now stuck with thanks to making it equal to 360 version:

ff13-acc1.jpg

were these taken by the same guy with the same capture methodology? was it actual gameplay or a tech demo?

• Members

Also, I really am an xbox fanboy....so yeah, I may have exaggerated a bit, but still.
:D

I game on my 360 probably 95% of the time, unless it's a PS exclusive. This is the first multi-platformer that I've gotten on PS3 because I really do thing it looked a lot better.

Ok, so can we move on now and discuss how there was a mom there picking up the game for her 9 year old kid so that he could play it when she got home and he could have today off from school to play it? :freak:

• Members
Gee, I couldn't tell at all
:lol:
You flipped out when someone said it was 576p, and then I just resorted to facts based on what it was designed for and stuff, and I thought you were going to have an aneurysm

For real though, it doesn't {censored}ing matter what system you buy it on, play the game and enjoy it for what it is
...a Final Fantasy title
:love:
One of my guilty pleasures for sure

Also, this :love:

There are two things I'd rather be doing that sitting at work right now:

1 is play FF XIII.

2 is meet my newborn daughter (but my wife would have to be induced first :D)

• Members

why the hell would they change art if they had the game ready to go?

they're pre-release screens, not gameplay shots.

Exactly.

Because its MS's policy to ensure multiplats look the same across the board, especially when they throw money at the dev. Why do you think there was such an uproar when it was announced as multiplat.

Play the Japanese demo if you want to make real comparisons.

• Members

why the hell would they change art if they had the game ready to go?

they're pre-release screens, not gameplay shots.

also this.

Also, note how Snow is out of focus in the second shot. They do the in-focus/out-of-focus thing a lot to give the game an image of depth/film quality.

Second image could have been intentionally snipped at that point.

• Members

Because its MS's policy to ensure multiplats look the same across the board, especially when they throw money at the dev. Why do you think there was such an uproar when it was announced as multiplat.

Play the Japanese demo if you want to make real comparisons.

That's nonsensical, games look different all the time. Many things can change between a pre-release alpha/beta version and the retail product, including further PS3 optimizations (or art changes for reasons completely unrelated to hardware).

• Members

To those arguing that the shots are doctored. Even the Japanese demo which was made years ago before it went multiplat looks leagues better than the finished product. Just accept it, MS held back FFXIII from reaching its true potential.

• Members

To those arguing that the shots are doctored. Even the Japanese demo which was made years ago before it went multiplat looks leagues better than the finished product. Just accept it, MS held back FFXIII from reaching its true potential.

Ok, so if a demo was made years before retail, then what the hell does it have to do with the final product? Was it a playable demo released to the public? Did it run as good as the final version? That's an assertion you couldn't possibly back up unless someone at Square/Enix says so.

• Members

Ok, so if a demo was made years before retail, then what the hell does it have to do with the final product? Was it a playable demo released to the public? Did it run as good as the final version? That's an assertion you couldn't possibly back up unless someone at Square/Enix says so.

Yes, it was released to the public included in the Japanese Advent Children Blu Ray. Denial much.

• Members

Yes, it was released to the public included in the Japanese Advent Children Blu Ray. Denial much.

So you've played it? Does it feel like a polished ready-for-release product? There are MANY reasons game graphics can get changed (for example, tossing out a few polygons to get that fancy depth of field effect at the same frame rate). You have no way of knowing them.

Archived