OT: Anyone else snag FFXIII?

Kerouac

• Members

Let's focus on the real issue here, which is that God of War III will rip Final Fantasy XIII's head off and {censored} down its neck.

I gotta admit, I'm excited about that. I haven't finished GoWII yet though, so even though I pre-ordered it, it'll be awhile before I get around to it.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The 360 version is worse no matter how you look at it.

Read it.

PS3: 720p gameplay, 1080p CGI

360: 576p everything

Yes, it has been measured.

I like this quote:

" However, by just about every measurable criteria, it seems that the Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII is a quick port where the existing PS3 material has been very roughly manhandled and bludgeoned into shape in order to work on the Microsoft console. "

..and this is Eurogamer who many accuse of MS bias.

• Members

To me it looks like the PS3 screens are sharper. I assume the 360 graphics look softer due to some compression as blue ray holds more info. I have both systems and a couple really nice TV's. Maybe I'll do my own comparison and shut the {censored} up! :thu:

• Members

You guys ruined the game for me.

I won't enjoy my 360 version any more. Good day.

Mission Accomplished j/k.

The game was ruined for me the day it went mutiplat. Ever notice the games that people always remember years down the line are the exclusives? Its for good reason.

• Members

Mission Accomplished j/k.

The game was ruined for me the day it went mutiplat. Ever notice the games that people always remember years down the line are the exclusives? Its for good reason.

I can't hear you over the sound of my disappointment with the 576. Now I can no longer enjoy my pseudo HD.

• Members
To me it looks like the PS3 screens are sharper. I assume the 360 graphics look softer due to some compression as blue ray holds more info. I have both systems and a couple really nice TV's. Maybe I'll do my own comparison and shut the {censored} up!
:thu:

No point doing a comparison of microscopic differences. If anything compare it to the Japanese PS3 demo.

• Members

No point doing a comparison of microscopic differences. If anything compare it to the Japanese PS3 demo.

i don't live in japan :poke:

for what its worth the pre-release promo shots of crysis look little like the retail game and it's pc-exclusive

• Members

i don't live in japan :poke:

for what its worth the pre-release promo shots of crysis look little like the retail game and it's pc-exclusive

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-final-fantasy-xiii-face-off

" However, by just about every measurable criteria, it seems that the Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII is a quick port where the existing PS3 material has been very roughly manhandled and bludgeoned into shape in order to work on the Microsoft console. "

:poke:

• Members

:poke:

uh, they're saying the 360 version is compromised compared to the PS3 one, not that the PS3 version was "dumbed down" because of the 360.

• Members

uh, they're saying the 360 version is compromised compared to the PS3 one, not that the PS3 version was "dumbed down" because of the 360.

Hey whatever. Believe what you want. Everyone whos played the demo (you dont have to live in Japan since every PS3 game is region free) says the same thing as me. Dont you have a PS3? Im surprised you find that so unbelievable after playing games like Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, Heavy Rain, GOW3 demo, etc.

• Members
I don't get these critics bitching about how it's linear
:confused:
When have Final Fantasy games ever been examples of brilliant open-ended game design
I think pretty much the whole first disc of FF7 was a straight line, and the only time you do go non-linear is to do some dumb {censored} like chocobo breeding

FF 12 was really non linear, but it wasn't really a typical Final Fantasy game either :idk:

I'm not sure if I'll pick it up. I've been trying not to buy new games now and there are others I've been meaning to get that are less likely to disappoint.

• Members
FF 12 was really non linear, but it wasn't really a typical Final Fantasy game either
:idk:

FF12 was fantastic. I actually enjoyed playing it. It was relatively fast and open, hard as hell, and the plot didn't suck a bucket of balls.

• Members

Hey whatever. Believe what you want. Everyone whos played the demo (you dont have to live in Japan since every PS3 game is region free) says the same thing as me. Dont you have a PS3? Im surprised you find that so unbelievable after playing games like Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, Heavy Rain, GOW3 demo, etc.

between the idea that Square completely gutted the game's graphics in the less than a year between demo release and japan street date; and the idea that console fanboys are just {censored}ing irrational kooks, ill go with the latter :cop:

• Members

If I absolutely hated VIII, IX, and X, is there any hope for me in enjoying anything about this one?

(I'm dead serious. This is not a troll post.)

From the reviews, it really doesn't sound like it. I guess it depends what you absolutely hated about the others.

Archived