This is the kind Metal I want to hear more of....

Chrisjd

• Members

This just has it all imo, instrumentaly at least. It's not groundbreakingly original, but it's heavy as hell yet still very catchy with lots of groove. I like the level of technicality, I feel it is just right. Technical, but not some asshole sweeping their way through the song. PERFECT.

Also, a great example of why low tunings are great for certain applications. This would sound ridiculous tuned to E.

[YOUTUBE]7_61tE7aTwU[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Cool, but to me both amps sound essentially the same. The Engl has a little bit more upper frequencies, but that's it.

Yeah, he does manage to get them to sound pretty damn close on tape. There are some subtle differences like you mentioned, but I couldn't pick out one from the other in a blind test.

Guess that means that the Rectos are SS sounding amps :o

• Members

Yeah, he does manage to get them to sound pretty damn close on tape. There are some subtle differences like you mentioned, but I couldn't pick out one from the other in a blind test.

Guess that means that the Rectos are SS sounding amps
:o

... Or maybe .... (some) ENGLs are actually tube sounding. :idea:

• Members

Jesus youtube {censored}ing sucks nowadays. Everything takes forever to load. Mother{censored}.

Anyway, yeah I liked that alot. I liked the riffs with the notes ringing out together.

The Mesa Boogie seemed to have more highs and sizzle; think I liked the Engl more.

Archived