Have to do 3 weeks in county jail next month...:-(

groovetube

• Members

Is this for pain management or a substitute for illegal drugs?

If it's not for pain, you could look at this as an opportunity to get off methadone. You wouldn't be the first, and the long-term benefits are undeniable.

methadone is usually used for weening people off of heroine

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Personally I'd pay the fines and do probation or community service to avoid the jail time.

Do this

I have no idea what state you live in (didn't read all the way thru), but your physical freedom is worth whatever time/money you have to spend.

I'm in Florida, and 6 years ago, I had the choice of 1-year probation w/$1800 in fines, or 3 months in the joint. There wasn't a moment's hesitation; anything is better than being behind bars.

I know it's only 3 weeks for you, but alot can happen in that time...

Good luck, man.

• Members

You can't seize or die from opiate withdrawal. That only happens from alcohol and benzos. Methadone WD is one of the worst kicks out there though. You probably won't sleep for the first 2 weeks you're in because you'll be kicking so hard. I'm serious.

• Members

So do you think your dependancy on methadone will go on forever???

3 weeks is nothing as far as lock-up goes.

For most it does go on forever, I've never known anybody that has quit methadone for good. That {censored} also killed my best friends brother, it's terrible stuff.

• Members

For most it does go on forever, I've never known anybody that has quit methadone for good. That {censored} also killed my best friends brother, it's terrible stuff.

Its only "terrible stuff" in your opinion because your "best friends brother" was an illicit drug user who was not prescribed methadone. So by taking a narcotic medication he had no medical need or tolerance or doctor's oversight, he was just as irresponsible as any old junkie that shots too much dope in a back alley (to use a well loved cliche.)

How can you spew such oral-diarrea without understanding what you are discussing??

All methadone overdoses are due to someone who got ahold of the stuff and wasnt prescribed it. I tried explaining before, but i guess its futile. You cannot, as a methadone patient with doctor oversight, overdose. DEA regulations and strict guidelines don't allow people to increase their doses in a manner in which in dangerous. It doesnt happen.

Most deaths "due to methadone" are 'cause some street drug user meets a guy who is prescribed methadone and buys it from him (very bad)

Then the druggie will ingest the methadone, not knowing how much it is or what his tolerance is, and then go booze it up and maybe even do some other drugs and die. But all you and the press and ignorant sheep remember is "oooooooh he died from that terrible methadone."

i swear to gawd i am ignorant myself 'cause i thought people like you would scroll through the thread and learn something, but i realize that is just another form of shovelling sh#$t against the incoming tide. oh well.

• Members
Its only "terrible stuff" in your opinion because your "best friends brother" was an illicit drug user who was not prescribed methadone. So by taking a narcotic medication he had no medical need or tolerance or doctor's oversight, he was just as irresponsible as any old junkie that shots too much dope in a back alley (to use a well loved cliche.)

How can you spew such oral-diarrea without understanding what you are discussing??

All methadone overdoses are due to someone who got ahold of the stuff and wasnt prescribed it. I tried explaining before, but i guess its futile. You cannot, as a methadone patient with doctor oversight, overdose. DEA regulations and strict guidelines don't allow people to increase their doses in a manner in which in dangerous. It doesnt happen.

Most deaths "due to methadone" are 'cause some street drug user meets a guy who is prescribed methadone and buys it from him (very bad)

Then the druggie will ingest the methadone, not knowing how much it is or what his tolerance is, and then go booze it up and maybe even do some other drugs and die. But all you and the press and ignorant sheep remember is "oooooooh he died from that terrible methadone."

i swear to gawd i am ignorant myself 'cause i thought people like you would scroll through the thread and learn something, but i realize that is just another form of shovelling sh#$t against the incoming tide. oh well.

Don't worry, if you wig-out they'll take you to the hospital, with a deputy & cuff you to the bed.:cop::cop::cop::cop::cop:

• Members
Benzo and phenobarb are frequently used to assist in alcohol withdrawl. In my case in was benzo's. Benzo withdrawl is not a killer. Heart disease, hypertension, etc.can be affected by withdrawl from anything with benzodiazepine being the most likely to trigger.

Alcohol remains the only drug which, in itself can cause death due to DT's

And, if you can read, I already explained this. If you can't read, go back to second grade.

Go do a little research. I have been through more treatment and drug classes than I care to remember plus I was one of those addicts who actually wanted to know what he was putting in his body and what it would do (not that I actually cared in the end). Alcohol is NOT the only drug you can die from. Also, like I stated previously, whether it be as a direct result or from a side effect withdrawal from lot of things can kill you. Again...go do a bit of research and you will find you are wrong. Kthxbai :wave:

• Members

Mojo sent.
But
............. methadone withdrawl will
not
kill you. If you believe that you've been lied to. The only drug that withdrawls will kill you is alcohol. That's right, booze. Unfortunately, I know from first hand experience. Methadone withdrawl is painful, and you could die if you have other conditions, such as heart disease. But it would be your bad heart and not the withdrawl itself.

alcohol and sedatives

• Members

I know about 20 people who have gotten off methadone, including myself.

No drug addiction is EVER hopeless.

• Members

I don't know anything about methadone but I would rather ride it out in a hospital than a jail cell :idk:

I can't imagine they want someone having severe withdrawals at a jail :cop: U 100% positive there's no alternatives?

Do you plan on using painkillers after you're released?

• Members

Good luck on the inside. 1st day, grab someone and punch him square in the face. Easiest 3 weeks you'll ever spend.

Kidding of course.

I've done jail time, know it sucks very badly, and sincerely hope you get through it and are better for it for whatever reason it is. Key is to get some big, fat, good books and just read. Maybe do exercises to keep yourself occupied.

• Members

Its all over a suspended license charge from 2 years ago, which sucks. I've been a freakin' model citizen most of my life, but i figured i'll just take the 25 days or so instead of dealing with all the fines and probation for the next two years.

The worst part of all this is methadone withdrawal. I have been prescribed my medication for over three years and unfortunately they will not give my prescription to me in jail. So instead of going into jail on my normal maintenence dose and possibly seizing, aching, dying, etc etc, I have started slowly detoxing which sucks a big fat one. Maybe that's why im up at 2am or whatever and cant sleep. It'll be worth it though when I actaully have to go to jail 'cause i'll won't have to be stuck in the medical unit (with no tv or any priveleges) on doc watch or suicide watch.

I cant believe how unfair it is that you can have any prescription you are legally prescribed in jail, EXCEPT methadone. Society's stigma is so fukn backward in this respect it makes me sick. People think that if you take methadone its because you are either poor, a junkie, a drugaddict, loser, gross, the underbelly of society, or all of the above. If anyone reading this thinks that I feel very sorry for them. But i know there are a lot of uneducated and uninformed out there, and alot of them (not all!!)grow up to be prison guards and cops.

This is just a bit of a rant, it is not a "drug" post FWIW

in the long run, 3 weeks isn't the longest time to rot somewhere.....i guess

Didn't you know you're not supposed to drive with a suspended license?

Why was it suspended?

Sorry dude but you did it to yourself, nobody made you become a methadone addict, or drive with a suspended license. Why are you taking methadone? They don't give it to just anyone. How do you become a "model citizen" when your taking methadone?

It's time to Ranger Up, Cowboy.

Now for the good news, this it a great time to clean up your act and get off the methadone and stay away from other drugs, it will only work if you are willing to go the full 12 steps. I did.

I think you should have taken the probation, paid the fines and maybe come community service, that way you could keep working, not lose the money and not go through all this.

And who knows what adventures you'll have in jail. I've been there and I didn't like it. I had to fight someone everyday for the first 2 weeks. I don't plan to ever go back.

• Members

Why was it suspended?

Sorry dude but you did it to yourself, nobody made you become a methadone addict, or drive with a suspended license. Why are you taking methadone? They don't give it to just anyone. How do you become a "model citizen" when your taking methadone?

Now for the good news, this it a great time to clean up your act and get off the methadone and stay away from other drugs, it will only work if you are willing to go the full 12 steps. I did.

I think you should have taken the probation, paid the fines and maybe come community service, that way you could keep working, not lose the money and not go through all this.

And who knows what adventures you'll have in jail. I've been there and I didn't like it. I had to fight someone everyday for the first 2 weeks. I don't plan to ever go back.

WOW.

perhaps reading a thread before making judgmental a-hole post would be the way to go in the future. HAHAHAHA you had to fight someone the first two weeks, so you obviously are a tiny little boy, or you have a serious attitude.

Really, read the thread or at least more than the and last 2-3 posts and then re-post with your apology. Please also include a thank you" for your education after reading this thread and LEARNING something for once.

WOW.

• Members

Why was it suspended?

I'll just leave a few of these for you. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

• Members

WOW.

perhaps reading a thread before making judgmental a-hole post would be the way to go in the future. HAHAHAHA you had to fight someone the first two weeks, so you obviously are a tiny little boy, or you have a serious attitude.

Really, read the thread or at least more than the and last 2-3 posts and then re-post with your apology. Please also include a thank you" for your education after reading this thread and LEARNING something for once.

WOW.

You don't know a thing, I was in for a lot worse than you are, and put in to a jail with about 80% blacks and mexicans. I was 19 and 6'2", and pretty tough, got beat up 3 days in a row by cops because they thought it was funny. SO {censored} YOU!

Suffer Bitch cuz' I was feeling some pitty for your ass but you took all that away.

• Members

You don't know a thing, I was in for a lot worse than you are, and put in to a jail with about 80% blacks and mexicans. I was 19 and 6'2", and pretty tough, got beat up 3 days in a row by cops because they thought it was funny. SO {censored} YOU!

Suffer Bitch cuz' I was feeling some pitty for your ass but you took all that away.

Wow, from self righteous recovering alcoholic to internet tough guy in one page. Thats some impressive douchery

• Members

Gee. The 12 steps really worked for you, didn't it?

Way to be a grade A judgmental prick. :thu:

• Members

Wow, from self righteous recovering alcoholic to internet tough guy in one page. Thats some impressive douchery

ROFLROFL!!!!!!!!!

On another point:

Hint: I am not 19 years old. Im 30 and and know how to treat people. Eleven years of maturity makes a difference, and you'll find you get more respect as you get older. Also, if anyone tries getting silly with me i will not engage in any fighting that would endanger my "good time." Also I live in a very whitebread state and from a few guys i know that've been to this jail, there is usually like one black guy, and they are usually only doing time from bringing coke products north. Im not gonna get fu#$ked with .........im gonna be one of the hardest-core "criminals" there, -we have like no crime here and crimes that make the news are like the random purse theft at our strip mall.

Archived