Have to do 3 weeks in county jail next month...:-(

groovetube

• Members

Personally I'd pay the fines and do probation or community service to avoid the jail time.

Driving with a suspended license? how did your license get suspended to start with, she didn't pay your premiums and they reported it to the DMV?

They do send certified mail notices out when they suspend your license over statutory things like insurance, and just because you have your license card in hand doesn't mean it is valid.

If you gotta go to jail, they could supervise you taking the methadone
, and allow it that part I find interesting as we did have methadone and suboxone in our jail pharmacy.

I never said I haven't screwed up, I just don't do {censored} that I could wind up in jail for.

Again, batting over a G on this one eh pal? Did you miss the part where they won't allow that drug in jail...in your own writing even??

You are trying to put two very different things into one box. Because he had an issue with something concerning his license DOES NOT MEAN THE GUY SHOULD HAVE TO SUFFER IMMENSELY JUST BECAUSE THE SYSTEM HE IS WITHIN FAILS THOSE WHO ARE DEPENDENT UPON A PRESCRIBED MEDICATION.

He is not being sent to jail for ANYTHING TO DO WITH DRUGS OR MEDICATION, yet you and a couple other {censored}ing masters of logic on here somehow think the two things are intertwined.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Last post for me in this one here. Here is a link for narcotic conversion ratios. You plug in what you are taking in what dose, and then you select what you are converting to and it will give you the correct milligrams.

http://www.globalrph.com/narcotic.cgi

best of luck, and {censored} the system! Its fails yet another non-violent driver's license abusing offender! :facepalm:

• Members

If you ever worked in a lock down facility you would, certain meds especially narcotics and synthetic derivatives are controlled to prevent trafficking and trading (selling it to other inmates) or it's theft.

The accountability for the meds becomes the part of medical once you enter the facility. At that point you are a ward of the Sheriff and he and his staff are charged with your well being, safeguarding the institution and the public.

Meds like that get controlled, it is the nature of the beast because while the OP may not sell his methadone tabs for some weed or sex others have and will.

So if you read it, I am saying that I am suprised they won't allow it inside, but just administer it to him as prescribed. I've seen it done before.

• Members

Suboxone saved my life... and while I am not naive that I am 100% clean... trust me taking the tiny dose I've been weened down to once a day and feeling completely normal, being able to sleep, and function all day long... is a lot better than the life I was living snorting 10+ Roxy's a day... to the OP... look into Suboxone after your jail time if you aren't able to kick after the month or so...

I have had so many friends die from methadone, I {censored}ing hate that {censored}... I hate using the word "Miracle Drug", but I went from trying to kick and having seizures, being broke, in debt, and losing almost everything in my life... and the day I started Suboxone I haven't touched that {censored} in over 2 years...

Best of luck to you man, I wouldn't wish withdrawals on my worst enemy.. there is nothing worse in this world... and a big {censored} YOU to the person calling you a junkie... yea it's his fault he's on the drugs in the first place, but the drug takes over, and trust me it isn't something you WANT to keep doing...

Imagine you wake up in the absolute worst {censored}ing pain you could ever imagine... the most god awful condition you can think of as far as physical pain.. and you know there is a tiny little pill in your dresser drawer that will make the pain go away... would you take it? You bet your {censored}ing ass you would...

The OP isnt taking methadone to get high... he's taking it to get normal...

Best of luck my friend...

• Members

Yes, you are probably a junkie. You just found something legal to replace the herion.

No pity on your part required for me. I've seen the WAY too much of the same thing happen to too damn many of my friends to care what some random guy on the internet thinks of me. I 100% honestly wish you nothing but the best. I hope you can kick that {censored} and make a recovery, best wishes man.

Wow. that's a huge leap to make based on that past comment or whatever you think i said.

LOL thats funny.

I have chosen to leave out the "all-important reason" as to why i was originally prescribed methadone on purpose. I'll tell you later on in the thread, i promise. I just want to see how it goes.

This was more a jail thread than a "gee, did that guy possibly use dope/oxy/suboxone/vicodan/etc in the past and is now on methadone for the past 3 years?????" thread.

Lp junkie.........is that you in your avatar?? I hope not. My gf walked by the screen a bit ago and stopped. She never does that. She saw your picture and almost vomited. Then she read your post and laughed at how much of a dick you are. Just her .02 and passing that on verbatim, thats all not my opinion

• Members

Right on. Well, I am not sure how administering a med in jail, but not allowing it inside whatsoever, at least in what you are describing, differs unless you mean they watch you take your dose and make sure that you ingest it.

I've been in my county twice for a couple 5 dayers for drunken b.s., and only saw one form of prescription drug ingestion. If you think that they would actually allow him to take a bottle of pills into his cell or some {censored}, well, I don't know of any jail that allows such a thing! I could be wrong, but all I ever saw was a line in the morning at the main door, after each person in that line's name was called, for prescriptions to be TAKEN. There might have been a second time in the day for people who had to take something more than once, but that was it.

• Members

Wow. that's a huge leap to make based on that past comment or whatever you think i said.

LOL thats funny.

I have chosen to leave out the "all-important reason" as to why i was originally prescribed methadone on purpose. I'll tell you later on in the thread, i promise. I just want to see how it goes.

This was more a jail thread than a "gee, did that guy possibly use dope/oxy/suboxone/vicodan/etc in the past and is now on methadone for the past 3 years?????" thread.

Lp junkie.........is that you in your avatar?? I hope not. My gf walked by the screen a bit ago and stopped. She never does that. She saw your picture and almost vomited. Then she read your post and laughed at how much of a dick you are. Just her .02 and passing that on verbatim, thats all not my opinion

rofl X a million

• Members

Suboxone saved my life... and while I am not naive that I am 100% clean... trust me taking the tiny dose I've been weened down to once a day and feeling completely normal, being able to sleep, and function all day long... is a lot better than the life I was living snorting 10+ Roxy's a day... to the OP... look into Suboxone after your jail time if you aren't able to kick after the month or so...

I have had so many friends die from methadone, I {censored}ing hate that {censored}... I hate using the word "Miracle Drug", but I went from trying to kick and having seizures, being broke, in debt, and losing almost everything in my life... and the day I started Suboxone I haven't touched that {censored} in over 2 years...

Best of luck to you man, I wouldn't wish withdrawals on my worst enemy.. there is nothing worse in this world... and a big {censored} YOU to the person calling you a junkie... yea it's his fault he's on the drugs in the first place, but the drug takes over, and trust me it isn't something you WANT to keep doing...

Imagine you wake up in the absolute worst {censored}ing pain you could ever imagine... the most god awful condition you can think of as far as physical pain.. and you know there is a tiny little pill in your dresser drawer that will make the pain go away... would you take it? You bet your {censored}ing ass you would...

The OP isnt taking methadone to get high... he's taking it to get normal...

Best of luck my friend...

THANK YOU.seriously.

I know all about suboxone and subutex. It is nearly impossible to find a doctor in my state who will prescribe it. Those that do do not take my insurance and charge $300 cash just to see them and it becomes far too expensive.

Part of the reason methadone gets a bad rap is that illicit drug users who are not prescribed it take too much for them and die. That is a horrible shame.

Patients on a stable dose of methadone who have doctor oversight have no risk AT ALL of overdose. Its just not possible because they are bound by DEA regulations that only allow them to adjust/increase a patients dose incrementally, and all within strict guidelines.

Suboxone is great for former opiate addicts, though is not frequently used in pain management. From my observations, recovering addicts who use methadone to live better, more productive lives - shoot youd never know they were on a thing they are stone sober like anyone else.

going to bed soon, my brain hurts as much as my ass is going to if I get a "big bubba" celly:lol:

• Members

THANK YOU.seriously.

I know all about suboxone and subutex. It is nearly impossible to find a doctor in my state who will prescribe it. Those that do do not take my insurance and charge $300 cash just to see them and it becomes far too expensive.

Part of the reason methadone gets a bad rap is that illicit drug users who are not prescribed it take too much for them and die. That is a horrible shame.

Patients on a stable dose of methadone who have doctor oversight have no risk AT ALL of overdose. Its just not possible because they are bound by DEA regulations that only allow them to adjust/increase a patients dose incrementally, and all within strict guidelines.

Suboxone is great for former opiate addicts, though is not frequently used in pain management.
From my observations, recovering addicts who use methadone to live better, more productive lives - shoot you'd never know they were on a thing they are stone sober like anyone else.

going to bed soon, my brain hurts as much as my ass is going to if I get a "big bubba" celly:lol:

Emboldened goes just the same for those prescribed it for chronic pain. In fact, I asked to be taken off of Oxycontin because of how wretchedly sick I felt every morning AND how little it was doing to manage my pain. Methadone was a savior. Period. You feel the least "doped" when prescribed it, no one can tell that you are on it because you hardly notice it yourself, and it works for so much longer than anything else...up to 12 hours at time for some. You have to understand that there are people out there whose life would be pure and utter living hell without these medications. And yes, some are former addicts who are living responsibly, and taking the meds as prescribed. Is there something morally wrong with that?

People are so screwed up by what the media tells them about pain medication. Yet they take two antidepressants and 4 zanex a day - that if they stopped taking "cold turkey", would send them into some of the nastiest withdrawals known to man. It is such a hypocrisy out there. Pain meds are just another medication people! How many beers you pound a night? Jack Daniels? How much coffee you drink a day? Cigarettes? Antidepressants? Zanex? ___? Think about that before judging someone who takes what they are prescribed as prescribed.

• Members

Personally I'd pay the fines and do probation or community service to avoid the jail time.

This.

It's simply not worth the risk mate. What happens if you get involved in a fight on the inside and get another 6 months added to your sentence? There's a good chance you won't come out of there.

• Members
This.

It's simply not worth the risk mate. What happens if you get involved in a fight on the inside and get another 6 months added to your sentence? There's a good chance you won't come out of there.

^^:thu:

If you can pay and whatever else...why go through any of this, or the withdrawal anguish?

• Members

Time yet?

• Members

A friend of mine was addicted to methadone and oxycontin and he had to do 30 days in jail for a DUI. He said the first week was pretty rough from withdrawals but by the time he got out he was feeling great.

Then he wasn't on methadone very long. You can detox from oxys in a couple of weeks (but your sleep will be disturbed for a long time if you used the drug for more than a couple of months at a high dose), but when I got off of methadone in 1974 it took a whole year for the aches and pains to go away and I never slept for more than two hours at a time.

They do use methadone for pain management now, it only needs to be taken once a day so it is convenient, but listen up, don't anyone who is reading this ever let a Dr. put you on the stuff, it is the hardest narcotic (it is actually a synthetic narcotic like oxycodone is) there is to get off of.

• Members

whats done is done. it wasn't really even an option not to, i shouldnt have really implied or said that

i gotta do the freakin three weeks.

You misleading again??? :poke: :lol:

Well, take into consideration the 2 options I offered you in one of my posts, and use that conversion table if necessary. The guy in here who wrote about his withdrawal from methadone back in 1974 is not kidding. I was only down to one for a while, and that was not bad. But then the day to go down to nill, zero, nada came, and I didn't even go through so much of the physical part, as I did anxiety, lack energy, depression, and just overall internal hell. Add to that the gnarly physical portion, and well, look into the options I offered if you haven't already. Those are the only medications that will come close to sparing you the hell.

• Members

Mojo sent. But............. methadone withdrawl will not kill you. If you believe that you've been lied to. The only drug that withdrawls will kill you is alcohol. That's right, booze. Unfortunately, I know from first hand experience. Methadone withdrawl is painful, and you could die if you have other conditions, such as heart disease. But it would be your bad heart and not the withdrawl itself.

• Members

Mojo sent.
But
............. methadone withdrawl will
not
kill you. If you believe that you've been lied to. The only drug that withdrawls will kill you is alcohol. That's right, booze. Unfortunately, I know from first hand experience. Methadone withdrawl is painful, and you could die if you have other conditions, such as heart disease. But it would be your bad heart and not the withdrawl itself.

You are WRONG. Benzodiazepine withdrawal are also potentially fatal. And though opiate withdrawal cannot DIRECTLY kill you it can cause many many many many other complications that can. Take a seat. You are clueless.

Everytime I think about this or hear a story like this I thank God I did not get on a MMT. I wouldnt be hear today I can assure you.

• Members

What did you expect? I am suprised however that they do not allow that prescription at that facility.

How much more controlled can it be, I'd put you in a solitary cell, and watch the nurse give you the methadone and watch you swallow it, no problems at no time would you be allowed unsupervised access to the medication, since it is an opiod and would command a good price inside.

You didn't take care of your legal business properly and now have to go to jail for it. I worked both the corrections side and the patrol side of LE, I am not uninformed about methadone treatment, I just don't feel bad for you.

Wow. You're really a pompous dick, aren't you?

To the OP...Good luck man. I did 60 in my local county once. It sucks.

• Members

Maybe you should think about getting OFF the methadone for good. You will suffer withdrawl, but maybe you shouldnt be on it.

There are lots of other things for pain. Chroinc pain over 3 years? Maybe you can get to the root cause or find another painkiller.

Pain is subjective. At what point do they say "ya know what, Codeine isnt going to work for this fella, lets give him methadone.." ?

Seems like bad doctoring to me, considering that now you are addicted to it.

Good luck.

• Members

Is this for pain management or a substitute for illegal drugs?

If it's not for pain, you could look at this as an opportunity to get off methadone. You wouldn't be the first, and the long-term benefits are undeniable.

• Members

You are WRONG. Benzodiazepine withdrawal are also potentially fatal. And though opiate withdrawal cannot DIRECTLY kill you it can cause many many many many other complications that can. Take a seat. You are clueless.

Everytime I think about this or hear a story like this I thank God I did not get on a MMT. I wouldnt be hear today I can assure you.

Benzo and phenobarb are frequently used to assist in alcohol withdrawl. In my case in was benzo's. Benzo withdrawl is not a killer. Heart disease, hypertension, etc.can be affected by withdrawl from anything with benzodiazepine being the most likely to trigger.

Alcohol remains the only drug which, in itself can cause death due to DT's

And, if you can read, I already explained this. If you can't read, go back to second grade.

Archived